Camera for recording live gigs/jamming

amirulhawk

Aug 25, 2011
hey everyone, can you recommend me some cameras that has good audio recording or has mic input? my budget is below $250(only camera).I wanna use it to record live concerts and jamming.So the camera needs to have a decent audio quality. I have no experience in cameras that is why i need you guys to help me find a good camera for me :D thanks!

At that price, you`d really need a good deal on camcorders or cameras preferably with avchd video. For audio, you have the option of external if have mic input or fixing the audio in post.

Another option is to seek out the BnS for what you want in the second hand market.

Maybe you want to try this
http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/q3hd

If you already have a video cam, you can try something like this
http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/h4n

Just how good is the dual internal condenser mics of the h4n? Listen yourself and you will be stunned...
[vid]waf4A6P3bb0[/vid]

But if you are sticking to a budget of $250 for both sound and video. Hate to say it, you are out of luck. Unless you know the folks at the mixing board, and they allow you to patch a cable out to a recording device, like a laptop or MD, or flash memory digital recorder.

Last edited:
I have the H4n, so far only used for recording audio and as interface. Anyone knows how to combine 2 separately recorded audio/video together assuming I have already used the clapping technique for sync-ing?

I have the H4n, so far only used for recording audio and as interface. Anyone knows how to combine 2 separately recorded audio/video together assuming I have already used the clapping technique for sync-ing?

The video camera that you have should come with basic video editing software to add external soundtrack to the video,if not try some others that have this ability.

In your video editing software, just adjust the sound channel until the clap sync up, then preview it till you find it accurate enough.

H4n is great right?

Yeah sound is great for live music, the 2 condenser mics are nice too. I am using Canon SLR for video, sometimes also used phone cam when desperate. Don't know if the DPP software provided have this audio/video mix or not. What other 3rd party software are available?

Yeah sound is great for live music, the 2 condenser mics are nice too. I am using Canon SLR for video, sometimes also used phone cam when desperate. Don't know if the DPP software provided have this audio/video mix or not. What other 3rd party software are available?

A lot of the professionals out there use Adobe Premier.

In the past I have also used a more consumer type of software called Pinnacle Studio.