Camera cleanup

techstg

Dec 1, 2007
Hi fellows,
ever since the first outing last weekend, I notice and always would like to know how most of you maintaining or cleanup your camera especially the bodies?
I'm a craftman/assemblyman in manufacturing line in semiconductor. Cosmectic are really importance. Neverless from my proffesion , when come to camera I do not know ways or methods to keep the bodies bright and shine cos cerastes are very sofisticayed item. Hope to hear and learn from the rfsg.

Question like cleaning material, lint free cloth, solvent??

Thanks

wear and tear is unavoidable so a slightly damp cloth wipe down of the body once in a while is good

for me, lazy...the ONLY thing I bother cleaning are

a. lens and filter
b. viewfinder window
c. lcd screen (if the camera has one)

use lint-free cloth, rubber blower, cleaning fluid and maybe a Lenspen

Last edited:
The only thing you really need to worry about and therefore clean religiously... is if you shoot by/on the sea. The salt spray... eeeks.

I sometimes use a product called Cape Cod on my chrome bodies...It is a polishing cloth for cleaning and protection of fine metals...smells like vanilla too!

I sometimes use a product called Cape Cod on my chrome bodies...It is a polishing cloth for cleaning and protection of fine metals...smells like vanilla too!

But it will bring shine to the chrome right bro? I used that on my watches.

I use that to polish off fine scratches from my bracelet watches, great stuff.

But it will bring shine to the chrome right bro? I used that on my watches.

haha, dont rub so hard if not chrome really chrome:eek:.....I use it very softlyto buff out some hairlines....

haha, dont rub so hard if not chrome really chrome:eek:.....I use it very softlyto buff out some hairlines....

Yup works best for highly polished surfaces

thanks,
keep it coming...how bout the Black Beauty Bodies..