Camelion F60 Charger Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkai21

Sep 13, 2006
Hi Guys,

I bought a spare F60 charger last week. I already own one F60 for 1.5 years but my bro went overseas to study and took it with him. So no choice buy new one.

Camelion is a German Brand.

Some nasty specs from the site
This 4-channel charger for up to 4 AAA or AA Ni-MH batteries is designed to provide Formula 1 fast performance. In as little as 30 minutes*.

Main Features

* 60min PER CHANNEL ultra fast charging!
* LCD display shows charger condition
* Microprocessor controlled auto cut off ( -dv detect)
* Timer control, double protection (1.25 hours cut Off )
* Over temperature protection (NTC : 57oC cut Off )
* Reverse polarity protection
* Over current and short circuit protection
* Defective and non-Rechargeable battery detection
* 4 Exchangeable input plugs
* Universal voltage for worldwide use
* Germany Designed, Very reliable

Batteries
I've been using Camelion for about a year plus and when i initially started, i bought 12 pcs of 2500maH. Till now, none actually failed me! (Guess because the chargers has a feature that can revive spoilt batteries) They are loaded in my external flash as well as my flash external pack.

Test setup, WITHOUT EXT. Flash Batt Pack, Sony 56AM Flash, 1/1, 4pcs Camelion 2700 loaded.
Timing till READY Lighting Symbol lights up: 2.01 Sec

Test setup, WITHOUT EXT. Flash Batt Pack, Sony 56AM Flash, 1/1, 4pcs ENERGIZER 2500 loaded.
Timing till READY Lighting Symbol lights up: 2.58 Sec

Timed using iPod Touch. Both Batteries are FULLY CHARGED with F60.

1 Week of usage, today, it's photography time (I throw the package away liao. :bsmilie: )

Last edited:
3873426695_f5b912f3f6.jpg

#1 - Shot of the Charger and the Power Brick

3874213564_b2446eb61a.jpg

#2 - True power - 1.4v, 2200maH each channel right into your battery (AA)

3874213858_99c7ca58e9.jpg

#3 - Comes with different country exchangeable plug as well..

3874214056_a255922ae3.jpg

#4 - Plugged into the wallsocket (Note that the orange light should be on.. kenna wash out by flash)

3873427891_2533f5d438.jpg

#5 - Pictured with the new 2700 i bought. All Camelion batt comes with plastic case! Useful! (Provided you buy 4pcs)

Last edited:
3874215542_00d506621a.jpg

#6 - No kick for it - Charging Process, the round circles blink when it's charging and it shows the % Charge.

3874215892_615ebcd6ca.jpg

#7 - OPPS, put wrong side? Dont worry, you got it protected =)

3873430769_fd78e4361b.jpg

#8 - True Formula 1 Speed Charging

Last edited:
Verdict

Damn quick charger which allows me to charge real fast (Even the day before ON event , im able to charge up ALL my 16pcs of batteries and start flashing off within 2-3 hours!

CHARGING TIME TEST
Totally drain out Camelion 2700
~ 1 hour 10 min

Totally Drain out Energizer 2500
~ 50min - 60min

Pro
- Very Fast
- Light
- Alot of different country head for the brick
- German Technology
- JumpStart feature (Revive your old battery) <-- I think it works because i pop in my old 1200mah GP cells and it can charge it as well) - My oldschool GP Charger will not charge.
- AA, AAA Charging
- Nice design (look like car dashboard)

CONS
- Battery Gets hot (I think its normal for fast chargers)
- Should have true % instead of 4 level. hehe

Not much of cons... There's another newer model BC-907 which has even more features. But not that nice looking. Both are 60min fast charging. Should be as good. Camelion battery are cheap as well.

Last edited:
MO and ninja advertisements not allowed.

it's a very good review, but please focus objectively on the equipment.

Thank you.

Thanks. i've updated the pics now they're working ;)

wondering if you can charge single batteries instead of 2 . cause the price of the charger looks... very tempting .. and so does the batteries..

wondering if you can charge single batteries instead of 2 . cause the price of the charger looks... very tempting .. and so does the batteries..

Yes it works with just one battery. :D see #6

thanks for the review again... will get one .. considering my powerex charger must charge in pairs haha...

does it have a refresh button?

does it have a refresh button?
not sure abt the F60
just got the Bc-907 camelion charger today the latest update to F60
and a recylo and eneloop equivalent of the batt
i had a set of more than 1yr old eneloop batt which my trusty but aging uniross charger unable to charge, is however charging fine with the newly bought Bc-907...:)

Last edited:
I'm having the same problems with my Ansmann charger: old batteries won't charge properly. I've read that smart chargers with "refresh" buttons can bring old batteries back to life, so I'm still holding on to my batteries for the time being. Now, where do I find a smart charger? :confused:

not sure abt the F60
just got the Bc-907 camelion charger today the latest update to F60
and a recylo and eneloop equivalent of the batt
i had a set of more than 1yr old eneloop batt which my trusty but aging uniross charger unable to charge, is however charging fine with the newly bought Bc-907...:)

I'm having the same problems with my Ansmann charger: old batteries won't charge properly. I've read that smart chargers with "refresh" buttons can bring old batteries back to life, so I'm still holding on to my batteries for the time being. Now, where do I find a smart charger? :confused:

The one that EOW used have REFRESH button at the charger. :D

think most brands top of the line charger had the refresh function.
just go for the one that suit yr budget.
my choice was easy...to go for the cheapest.

Hi Guys,

I bought a spare F60 charger last week. I already own one F60 for 1.5 years but my bro went overseas to study and took it with him. So no choice buy new one.

Camelion is a German Brand.

Some nasty specs from the site
This 4-channel charger for up to 4 AAA or AA Ni-MH batteries is designed to provide Formula 1 fast performance. In as little as 30 minutes*.

Main Features

* 60min PER CHANNEL ultra fast charging!
* LCD display shows charger condition
* Microprocessor controlled auto cut off ( -dv detect)
* Timer control, double protection (1.25 hours cut Off )
* Over temperature protection (NTC : 57oC cut Off )
* Reverse polarity protection
* Over current and short circuit protection
* Defective and non-Rechargeable battery detection
* 4 Exchangeable input plugs
* Universal voltage for worldwide use
* Germany Designed, Very reliable

Batteries
I've been using Camelion for about a year plus and when i initially started, i bought 12 pcs of 2500maH. Till now, none actually failed me! (Guess because the chargers has a feature that can revive spoilt batteries) They are loaded in my external flash as well as my flash external pack.

Test setup, WITHOUT EXT. Flash Batt Pack, Sony 56AM Flash, 1/1, 4pcs Camelion 2700 loaded.
Timing till READY Lighting Symbol lights up: 2.01 Sec

Test setup, WITHOUT EXT. Flash Batt Pack, Sony 56AM Flash, 1/1, 4pcs ENERGIZER 2500 loaded.
Timing till READY Lighting Symbol lights up: 2.58 Sec

Timed using iPod Touch. Both Batteries are FULLY CHARGED with F60.

1 Week of usage, today, it's photography time (I throw the package away liao. :bsmilie: )

Hi, I am looking for charger currently, this model looks good, May I know where I can buy this battery? Can I use sanyo battery with this charger? Thanks...

i'm using eneloop and camelion rechargable with it

www.proshop.sg

Status
Not open for further replies.