Cambodia - Angkor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivor

Jan 26, 2002
SINGAPOUR
Visit site
Have anyone been to Cambodia to shoot?? Wondering whether should I bring my DSLR to Angkor?? Is it allow to take pictures there??

Can any kind sould please tip me. Thanks

ivor said:
Have anyone been to Cambodia to shoot?? Wondering whether should I bring my DSLR to Angkor?? Is it allow to take pictures there??

Yes you can... Any types of cams are allowed there.. big or small, lol... ;p
AngKor Wat is situated in Siem Reap, can take a plane from Singapore or by bus from Bangkok, etc.
It's a very big place to explore, therefore it is good to read up on where you want to go from guide books before actually embarking on the trip itself.
Generally, the people are really nice, food so-so, but the view is really spectacular!
Oh, you can "hire" guides there to bring you around on bikes, or else, you can cycle or vroom around in rented bikes.
I meet a local who could speak chinese, therefore kind of great to mingle around. I still has his namecard, so if you need help there, can pm me for his details.
Have a good time!
Cheers,
Zapline.

Hi...coincidently, someone post to ask for help on their planning of a trip to Siem Reap. Maybe meeting them up to show them the photos & pass some infor to them. If u are keen to join in, can PM me yr contact number.

Was there for 6 days 3 weeks ago. It was a photographic trip. Came back w 28 rolls of slides. Good shhooting opportunities.

ivor said:

Yes, many places to shoot, bring a tripod too.
Beautiful sunsets, etc. Remember to visit Angkor Wat early morning and wait for sunrise.

Visited 2 years ago. Used a EOS 300 then. I exhausted many rolls of film then. Funny thing is film and battery a lot cheaper over there. Now not sure.

Thanks. Maybe you can PM me the contact of that kind soul. ;)

zapline said:
Yes you can... Any types of cams are allowed there.. big or small, lol... ;p
AngKor Wat is situated in Siem Reap, can take a plane from Singapore or by bus from Bangkok, etc.
It's a very big place to explore, therefore it is good to read up on where you want to go from guide books before actually embarking on the trip itself.
Generally, the people are really nice, food so-so, but the view is really spectacular!
Oh, you can "hire" guides there to bring you around on bikes, or else, you can cycle or vroom around in rented bikes.
I meet a local who could speak chinese, therefore kind of great to mingle around. I still has his namecard, so if you need help there, can pm me for his details.
Have a good time!
Cheers,
Zapline.

Thanks. Maybe you can PM me the time and place to meet. ;)

jcryan55 said:
Hi...coincidently, someone post to ask for help on their planning of a trip to Siem Reap. Maybe meeting them up to show them the photos & pass some infor to them. If u are keen to join in, can PM me yr contact number.

Was there for 6 days 3 weeks ago. It was a photographic trip. Came back w 28 rolls of slides. Good shhooting opportunities.

Thanks for the tip on the tripod. Was thinking to bring only my monopod, lucky you tip me with tripod. ;)

fastlane said:
Yes, many places to shoot, bring a tripod too.
Beautiful sunsets, etc. Remember to visit Angkor Wat early morning and wait for sunrise.

Visited 2 years ago. Used a EOS 300 then. I exhausted many rolls of film then. Funny thing is film and battery a lot cheaper over there. Now not sure.

Actually, I was told the Killing Fields of Cheoung EK is the scary place where one may be possessed. Is it really true??

ivor said:
Actually, I was told the Killing Fields of Cheoung EK is the scary place where one may be possessed. Is it really true??

A bit spooky, with the skulls and all, but a place to remember the suffering of the people. Possession, not too sure about that, but I think some visitors are overwhelmed with emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.