Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

Status
Not open for further replies.
206 looks very good. May i know roughly how much is the retail price for one??

i'm looking at the outside of the bag and the opened appearance on the RTS website and below. two question here

1. if i sling it, and leave the front cover flap (the front straps) opened, does the bag still hold the shape?

2. how many steps is required to take things out? unstrap the front two straps... and unzip.... anything in between?

they reserve the handle portion for the 'real sized' bags like '0' series, '-5' series, 06 series and 07 series.

Hehehe .... here's my humble 206.

3742105209_04cbb32d1c.jpg

Enough for a body, 2 zooms and a flash.

3739422478_0bef22ae3f.jpg

Exterior view

I do not have any Billingham bags but I have the Billingham Vest. The old Navy Blue one bought a few years back from PK and a new one http://www.rtsphoto.com/html/billvest.htm bought recently.

When I got my first vest I could not "deflate or hide the true price" from my wife, cos when she saw it, her first remark was "It must be very expensive, looking at the workmanship!, the rest of your vest looks cheapo." Ever since it's only Billingham for me :) (vest only)

I have fit the following into hadley large:
gripped 5d
17-40
70-200 2.8
35L
85L
550EX
accessories

can't remember what else :D hoahroa

i'm looking at the outside of the bag and the opened appearance on the RTS website and below. two question here

1. if i sling it, and leave the front cover flap (the front straps) opened, does the bag still hold the shape?
Yes, it'll retain its shape more or less, if the inserts are in place.
2. how many steps is required to take things out? unstrap the front two straps... and unzip.... anything in between?
3 steps! Unbuckle the strap holding the handles, unhook the buttons and then unzip. If I am shooting, I usually leave it unzipped and just pull the top over without buttoning down .....

3 steps! Unbuckle the strap holding the handles, unhook the buttons and then unzip. If I am shooting, I usually leave it unzipped and just pull the top over without buttoning down .....

sounds like a good idea. look likes i should start to be on the lookout for 2nd hand bags...

206 looks very good. May i know roughly how much is the retail price for one??

I think I paid less than $500 for it. But, if you can wait, the 207 looks gorgeous! I couldn't, so ended up with the 206. :(

I do not have any Billingham bags but I have the Billingham Vest. The old Navy Blue one bought a few years back from PK and a new one http://www.rtsphoto.com/html/billvest.htm bought recently.

When I got my first vest I could not "deflate or hide the true price" from my wife, cos when she saw it, her first remark was "It must be very expensive, looking at the workmanship!, the rest of your vest looks cheapo." Ever since it's only Billingham for me :) (vest only)

Wow..Very pro looking indeed..Wondered hw much it cost..Will kaypoh and find out from PK Chan tml..:bsmilie:

I have fit the following into hadley large:
gripped 5d
17-40
70-200 2.8
35L
85L
550EX
accessories

can't remember what else :D hoahroa

Hoho..Thks for sharing!! :) Mus be quite squeezy huh.. Chan advise me against getting Hadley series for Pro size Dslr wif grip..:think:

Hi numnumball,

get the smaller range you wun regret it. ;) good things come in small sizes hahah if you think its not enough can add on with avea pouches =)

BillinghamPresstop206wAvea06.jpg

You can also unbutton these to increase the size
BillinghamPresstop206side.jpg

I am lovin my 206 hahaha

cheers,
kilkenny

yes it does..lol.. old man already... haha...

btw, i think it's good to go try out the bags and have a feel of what u really like.. end of the day, i feel that each billingham bag has its own appeal... personally i like the design of the packington and the spaciousness. i had a tough time choosing btw the hadley pro, packington and the 306..lol

btw, i'ld suggest getting the khaki tan color.. it looks better as it ages/gets dirtied..lol

Bro,

Thks alot for ur kind advice, jus when i was in a dilemma on wad color to select, u shed light to my overcast skies..haha..

i contemplating the 5 and 6 series and packington..
But Pk Chan jus break the news to me that Packington is out until Nov..:(
Couldn't wait that long i guess, should get one tml!! :bsmilie:

Hi numnumball,

get the smaller range you wun regret it. ;) good things come in small sizes hahah if you think its not enough can add on with avea pouches =)

BillinghamPresstop206wAvea06.jpg

You can also unbutton these to increase the size
BillinghamPresstop206side.jpg

I am lovin my 206 hahaha

cheers,
kilkenny

Wah, Cannot tahan.. wad u says does make sense, small does have its appeal. :bsmilie: So meaning to say i will either get a 206 or 225.. Since i already got a TT UB50 to rely on if there's a need to bring my notebook out..

Hw come no one recommend 225? :think:

Guys!!

I got my bag at last!! from Pk Chan! Here it is!!

My_Billingham_335_01.JPG

Can i take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all who contribute their advice/recommendations to me prior to me making this purchase (esp lomographer bro).
Greatly appreciated it! :)

And I mus really give :thumbsup: to Mr Pk Chan!
Took the effort to pick me up from MRT Station and drove me to his home to handpick the bags (spent 1 hr molesting hadley pro, 206, 306, 225, 335, L2, to name a few). In the end, settled for 335 for its sleek design, canvas material, quick accessibility, loading capacity and lastly, prefer the kahki color over 306, furthermore it can accomodate a notebook!!! Highly recommended to all serious photographers!!

Small gestures like offering drink, give me advice, sharing his photography experience, giving me freebies for my purchase etc etc really made my day. A truly amicable, friendly and passionate guys with his fav line *Wat matter most is u happy , i aso happy!!!*

You wun regret buying from him tats for sure and i defintely gg bk to him for more bags next time (nt nw the least..wait for pockets holes to mend itselves first) :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Yeah, I got mine from PK too. He's a very friendly and nice chap.

If I am ever gonna get a Billingham again, will buy from him again. But, I am now itchy for a Fogg bag ;)

Guys!!

I got my bag at last!! from Pk Chan! Here it is!!

My_Billingham_335_01.JPG

Can i take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all who contribute their advice/recommendations to me prior to me making this purchase (esp lomographer bro).
Greatly appreciated it! :)

And I mus really give :thumbsup: to Mr Pk Chan!
Took the effort to pick me up from MRT Station and drove me to his home to handpick the bags (spent 1 hr molesting hadley pro, 206, 306, 225, 335, L2, to name a few). In the end, settled for 335 for its sleek design, canvas material, quick accessibility, loading capacity and lastly, prefer the kahki color over 306, furthermore it can accomodate a notebook!!! Highly recommended to all serious photographers!!

Small gestures like offering drink, give me advice, sharing his photography experience, giving me freebies for my purchase etc etc really made my day. A truly amicable, friendly and passionate guys with his fav line *Wat matter most is u happy , i aso happy!!!*

You wun regret buying from him tats for sure and i defintely gg bk to him for more bags next time (nt nw the least..wait for pockets holes to mend itselves first) :bsmilie:

great to hear you've gotten your billingham bryan!

buying from pk is something you won't regret, i've bought all my billinghams from him.

didn't know the 335 could accomadate a notebook, so now you've really gotten best of both worlds!

now i feel sad for your thinktank... it's going into cold storage:)

Yeah, I got mine from PK too. He's a very friendly and nice chap.

If I am ever gonna get a Billingham again, will buy from him again. But, I am now itchy for a Fogg bag ;)

Bro, Was discussing with Pk Chan abt Fogg yest. He ws saying Fogg mus expensive and quality not as gd as Billingham. Ask me dun consider.. Billingham alone is more than enough,
i never see Fogg before. Is it really good?

:bsmilie:
great to hear you've gotten your billingham bryan!

buying from pk is something you won't regret, i've bought all my billinghams from him.

didn't know the 335 could accomadate a notebook, so now you've really gotten best of both worlds!

now i feel sad for your thinktank... it's going into cold storage:)

Haha..Cannot help mah, Speed Freak is one damn gd bag, but cannot accomodate my gear
becos of the size of my cam +grip + lens, still prefer big bags. I still lovin my TT UD50, now i can interswitch between both bags depends on mood and where i intend to shoot.
I seriously think Billingham is more suited for City life. Damn Class and sophiscated and abit wasted to bring it out to the wild to shoot nature (landscape, macro etc..) :bsmilie:

Now i m waiting for the 7 series like u aso ;) Pk Chan said will be out most probably by end of this yr..

Bro, Was discussing with Pk Chan abt Fogg yest. He ws saying Fogg mus expensive and quality not as gd as Billingham. Ask me dun consider.. Billingham alone is more than enough,
i never see Fogg before. Is it really good?

fogg's product is light colored canvas with very dark colored rims. they look extremely conspicious. as for me, i dun like the looks. and since it is very much more expensive, i dun hear much (or any) users (yah, there must be some people who use it though whom may not spend much time on internet)... but i heard they do customised bags.

that is for bag, haven't heard of fogg vest.

and good thing about both is that they are still made in their home country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.