Calling all horror movie fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenele

Apr 13, 2005
Dover Cl East
camerarental.biz
Care to share any scary movies you've seen recently? anyone care to share? Once saw this show Hannibal'', the good doctor actually got his victim feeding on his own brain, really blood and gore. For the privilege of those who hasn't got the stomach for this sort of stuff, at least they can read of it here :hung: .

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose is out in US / Europe ... :sweat:

Let's see whether i can catch it any time soon :bsmilie:

kenele said:
Care to share any scary movies you've seen recently? anyone care to share? Once saw this show Hannibal'', the good doctor actually got his victim feeding on his own brain, really blood and gore. For the privilege of those who hasn't got the stomach for this sort of stuff, at least they can read of it here :hung: .

Damn that was the best part! It was a fitting punish for that bugger! heheh....

TMC said:
all horror movies lost quite a bit of magic after I saw real gore and dead bodies.

We're so potected here, thats why need to be ''shock'' every now and then btw very courageous of you, what does it felt like seeing the real thing?

courageous is not the correct word. Unlucky would be a better description. Went vegetarian for a while before I can make myself eat meat again. I was one of those who went into an immediate state of denial and confusion for a while.

Not the most recent but I wholeheartedly recommend "JU-ON". Hair standing! :bsmilie:

kenele said:
Hi Guys,
I managed to catch The Maid, which IMHO is good for a local film with minimal computer, makeup and visual effects compared to Hollywood. In fact, I thought it was better than some of HK's horror films.

The Shutter from Thailand is good, which totally gives another reputation to Polaroid cameras.

But The Ring from Japan really win hands down for all horror films.

But I like the independent horror film The Blair Witch Project. Those who have seen the film may not agree with me but I thought the way they built up the story and the marketing strategy of the film was awesome. According to imdb.com, the film's turnover ratio was 1:11,000 - for every dollar the filmmakers invested into the film, they earned $11,000.

If you are looking for hardcore gore and blood, both Audition and The Saw are perhaps what you guys are looking for, except the action only starts towards the end of the film.

Of course, there is another version of "horror" - 15 minutes into the show and you realized you are going to waste the next 2 hours of your precious time and your $9 as well... And discovered all the exciting scenes of the show are all in the trailer...

Just my two yen worth.

Regards,
-Mich- :p

i watched The Maid and i find really scary for a timid person for me. however throughout the show, more than half the audience were laughing their heads off so it isnt scary anymore. however dont like it that much, plot not fascinating and you half expect 'Her' to pop up sometimes...

my favourite of all time is "The Eye" , cant forget that char siew eating scene.... aiks..

if you're talking about blood & galore, there's one old movie which i particularly cant forget. it's called Faces of Death. use those spoons to gorge the eyes out, or fill the guy with poisonous gas until the poor fella died, with all the intestines erm... enough said :sweatsm:

Though I have lost touch with movies quite a while, I thought the following titles were quite good horror films (both for the gore and suspense):

1) Ghost Ship
2) Thirteen Ghosts

furrycake said:
i watched The Maid and i find really scary for a timid person for me. however throughout the show, more than half the audience were laughing their heads off so it isnt scary anymore. however dont like it that much, plot not fascinating and you half expect 'Her' to pop up sometimes...

my favourite of all time is "The Eye" , cant forget that char siew eating scene.... aiks..

if you're talking about blood & galore, there's one old movie which i particularly cant forget. it's called Faces of Death. use those spoons to gorge the eyes out, or fill the guy with poisonous gas until the poor fella died, with all the intestines erm... enough said :sweatsm:

some ppl joke cos they are scared mah... i dunno is it particularly just in singapore, i find a lot of guys suddenly lost their balls when watching horror movie, they yak & yak, den talk like qooniang when in the midst of the show, den yell b4 any gals yell... really spoil my mood for watching horror movies in theaters of sg, i'd rather wait for the dvd release than to go watch in the cinema.

gore hor, i think Sin City not bad... but i like Ichi the Killer for ultimate gore, followed by Fudoh for bizarre gore den Dead Or Alive.

anybody loves Scary Movie here? i love the trilogy, goddamn funny...

Battle Royale, Battle Royale Requiem, The Audition, Ju-On, Ju-On Prequel, Ju-On 2, Dark Waters....

I'm a sucker for Japanese Horror movies. :D

When I was young... I freaked out after watching Evil Dead...pencils can be so deadly...

And The Omen... played in my school and before the teacher realised someone's head got chopped off by a sliding sheet of glass...

And then Nightmare on Elm Street.... finger knives... who would've thought.

In the Company of Wolves was nice too...
:)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
some ppl joke cos they are scared mah... i dunno is it particularly just in singapore, i find a lot of guys suddenly lost their balls when watching horror movie, they yak & yak, den talk like qooniang when in the midst of the show, den yell b4 any gals yell... really spoil my mood for watching horror movies in theaters of sg, i'd rather wait for the dvd release than to go watch in the cinema.

gore hor, i think Sin City not bad... but i like Ichi the Killer for ultimate gore, followed by Fudoh for bizarre gore den Dead Or Alive.

anybody loves Scary Movie here? i love the trilogy, goddamn funny...

dunno leh.. when watching The Maid, i was scared .. got the aftermaths fear also. cant sleep then switched on my bedroom lights to sleep as i kept 'seeing' red colour shadow by my window :cry:

Sin City? gore meh :sticktong
fantastic to watch that guy's ahem being pulled out :rolleyes:

Scary Movie? I like best of all when the ghost kena pulled out of the tv & punched lor :bsmilie:

Final Destination 1 & 2 :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.