Calling all Audiophiles : Recommendations on speaker cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
major_tom said:
My fave cables used to be Synergistic Research. Dunno if the co. is still around.

I am using synergistic research. www.sounddecisions.com.sg carry them.

Actually your room accoustics + placement is like 100 times more impt than cables....

wind30 said:
I am using synergistic research. www.sounddecisions.com.sg carry them.

Actually your room accoustics + placement is like 100 times more impt than cables....

true.......
btw, what speakers are u using?

thiel CS1.6, mainly for my HT. I bought the "relatively" expensive cables cuz I am running it over my curtain pelmet. The cable is very long and cannot be replaced without much pain. If can be replaced easily I would just get cheaper cables.

since we are at audio topic.

The best value for money I ever spend for mt HT is buying the BFD for my subwoofer. If you have an active subwoofer that does not come with eq, spend like a couple of hundreds and buy the BFD and equalize out the humps. I mean things like cabling, different speakers, we are talking about very minor difference. The difference the BFD makes to your low freq can be like 10-20db difference (depending on how bad your room is).... which is like day and night.

wind30 said:
thiel CS1.6, mainly for my HT. I bought the "relatively" expensive cables cuz I am running it over my curtain pelmet. The cable is very long and cannot be replaced without much pain. If can be replaced easily I would just get cheaper cables.

since we are at audio topic.

The best value for money I ever spend for mt HT is buying the BFD for my subwoofer. If you have an active subwoofer that does not come with eq, spend like a couple of hundreds and buy the BFD and equalize out the humps. I mean things like cabling, different speakers, we are talking about very minor difference. The difference the BFD makes to your low freq can be like 10-20db difference (depending on how bad your room is).... which is like day and night.

:bsmilie: .... bro ... u haven't mentioned the pains in tuning the BFD man ... its no easy task for a newbie unless they know what they want out of the sub ... i'm using the DSP1124P with a SVS sub @ home ... already i'm FEELING the difference... managed to tame a spike @ 96db ... :sweat:

ya but you must agree that the difference in day and night. In the realm of audio, sometimes you strain your "golden" ears very hard to hear improvements. My brother used to have an audio setup costing like 30k..... in his bedroom..... frankly, I can't really hear much of a difference.

The BFD is like really big difference as my cabinet doors used to rattle at the big explosions due to the hump at 50hz. (almost everyone has this unless you live in an auditorium or you have a special room)

after BFD, they stopped rattling and the bass sound tighter and stronger (as I can turn up the volume without the 50hz tone overwhelming everything)

The BFD is confusing at first and my ears sort of ring after hearing soo much low freq test tones. but it is all worth it for one afternoon of work.

photobum said:
Confession: I spent more $$$ on Hi-Fi than my photo gear. $850 for a 1 meter interconnect! I can buy a fancy carbon fiber tripod with that kind of dough.

Which cable at that price?

Kimber Selects KS1010?
Aural Symphonics?
Cardas Golden Reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.