Calibration of monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmax

Nov 22, 2003
I will most probably get the most afforadable Spyder hardware to calibrate my monitor. When I do so, do I remove the filter screen? I am using a CRT monitor.

The spyder is designed to cut out outside light when it calibrating. The filter screen will allow light to leak in. If you intend to do your processing with the filter screen on, i suggest you calibrate the monitor with the filter screen on, at night, and with all the lights off, to minimize stray light.

Madmax said:
I will most probably get the most afforadable Spyder hardware to calibrate my monitor. When I do so, do I remove the filter screen? I am using a CRT monitor.

I am seriously thinking of getting one too. does it work for LCD as well (I use both)? can let me know some details like pricing and where to get?

Yes, Spyder (ColorPlus, Spyder, Spyder Pro) works for CRTs/LCDs.

$199, $350, $650 (last known price from CP)

There's another one called Eye-One Display - Tomshen's doing a MO for it. CP is selling for $600, the MO can get it as cheap as $450. :)

Cheers.

forgive my ignorance...
Just hoping that someone would enligtening me n the difference between the 3 versions of sypders, and eye-one display.
Had been thinking of calibrating my monitors for years, now i'm finally working and able to afford one.

espn said:
Yes, Spyder (ColorPlus, Spyder, Spyder Pro) works for CRTs/LCDs.

$199, $350, $650 (last known price from CP)

There's another one called Eye-One Display - Tomshen's doing a MO for it. CP is selling for $600, the MO can get it as cheap as $450. :)

Cheers.

yah, which version is "at least useable"? I don't need to calibrate professionally, just so it is at least not totally out of whack (better than Adobe Gamma).

BTW where is that MO thread? thanx.

Search for Tomshen's Eye-One Display in consumer's corner, alternatively, you can get Oeyvind to calibrate for you at $50 per visit using Eye-One.

If you want least usable you can go for ColorVision ColorPlus, however, CP's best price (as of yesterday) is now $219 and not $199. Spyder Pro + PrintFix is $755.

Hi,

anyone of you are using a Spyder Pro currently? Do we have to cover the monitor or switch off the lights before we calibrate the monitor? And which profile settings is the Spyder Pro using as a reference? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.