calabrating my Laptop screen ? can Spyder2express help ?

jackandey

Mar 24, 2010
Singapore,
www.flickr.com
Hi

i was using CRT before , now i got an Hp Laptop , an it had become a big problem for me , the photograph what i clicked looks gr8 on my camera and when it comes to my laptop screen, looks totally different and washout and no contrast :eek: , i have gone through many posts related to calabrating laptop LCD screen ,but didnt get any perfect solution , but most of them was telling to use Adobe Gamma or Spyder2express .
So i wanted to know will this Spyder2express will be a perfect solution for getting the colours , like wat it should look like ,i dont wana waste hundereds of dollar :nono: ,after buying this device if it didnt work , please help me out in finding solution

Thanks in advance :)

Do a search here on CS... There are people who offer calibration services for a much smaller fee.

Spyder2 might not be suitable for newest type of LCD. Better get the Spyder3. Keep in mind that calibration is not a one-off job, it needs to be repeated from time to time. Colours are changing when the display ages. So far most people here are happy with Spyder3 and others. Whether it's 'perfect' or not also depends on your requirements and demands.

thanks for reply :)

but it works for Laptop lcd ? u have any experience abt it , am little doughtfull abt it , cause the laptop lcd didnt have any external adjustmentsfunctions , like its there in External monitor .

and can u let me know , can i find it in Simlim ?

but it works for Laptop lcd ? u have any experience abt it , am little doughtfull abt it , cause the laptop lcd didnt have any external adjustmentsfunctions , like its there in External monitor .
and can u let me know , can i find it in Simlim ?
Spyder2 worked for my IBM T60 and works for T410, it works for Samsung 710T display .. and I think Spyder3 is able to work with all recent monitors. The software has some basic settings where you need to confirm which settings you can adjust for the screen. for laptops usually it's only backlight, for TFT you can adjust more. Based on your input the software will do the rest. Spyder3 also supports dual monitors but it needs graphics card that can handle both monitors with different profiles. These are not the cheap ones...
Not sure about Sim Lim, search here for Spyder, you should find those threads about shops selling Spyder. Be careful with Sim Lim, check the list of reputable shops here. Do check Mass Sales, there are offerings there as well.

CP in Peninsula Plaza has Spyder3.