C730 in Manual mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

omega

Jul 10, 2002
Yishun
Visit site
Hi,

when the camera is in manual mode, it will automatically do an exposure compensation depending on the aperature/shutter speed u set. Is there anyway to overwrite this compensation? thanks :)

:p

I got slapped by Ckiang, rueyloon and Goondu the last seed about this issue. The compensation is just like showing you the camera's metering result. You should adjust the shutter and aperture so that there's no compensation.

In lay man terms, it mean that the current setting (aperture/shutter) combo is ++ or -- away from your camera metering.

Originally posted by togu
:p

I got slapped by Ckiang, rueyloon and Goondu the last seed about this issue. The compensation is just like showing you the camera's metering result. You should adjust the shutter and aperture so that there's no compensation.

i know wat does the compensation mean. The thing is , is the camera just telling u how much the setting is over/under the camera's metering or the camera will compensate the amount indicated to get a "so call" good result. Coz sometime u may want to overexpose/underexpose.... so u do not want the camera to correct the exposure.

Originally posted by omega

i know wat does the compensation mean. The thing is , is the camera just telling u how much the setting is over/under the camera's metering or the camera will compensate the amount indicated to get a "so call" good result. Coz sometime u may want to overexpose/underexpose.... so u do not want the camera to correct the exposure.

You can adjust the shutter and aperture accordingly to get the compensation you need. :)

Originally posted by togu

You can adjust the shutter and aperture accordingly to get the compensation you need. :)

hmm.. so the amount of compensation shown on the LCD is just telling u how much the setting is over/underexposed right and not how much the camera will compensate? :dunno: still very confused :(

hmm.. so the amount of compensation shown on the LCD is just telling u how much the setting is over/underexposed right and not how much the camera will compensate? :dunno: still very confused :(

Sort of, you'll get used to it soon. :p

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!

In manual mode:- YES,

In Aperture/Shutter mode NO, the +/- is how much the camera will compensate (you set the compensation...) away from the camera setting.

Originally posted by Snowcrash

In manual mode:- YES,

In Aperture/Shutter mode NO, the +/- is how much the camera will compensate (you set the compensation...) away from the camera setting.

Thanks snowcrash :) that answers my question :p

Is Olympus C730 a good DC...?? Thinking of getting 1 unit...

No, it is not for my usage though I can use it... I like the 380mm tele... ;D

By the way, what is the market price now for that...

Originally posted by Snowcrash

Define Good...

Since you have E20....:dunno:

Thanks

Should be selling for around $830

Just read thru the Olympus C-5050 brochure... was rather tempted to get it instead...

Anyone knows where can I get it cheaper...?? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.