C40 users

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mushi_007

C40 users, please share your experiences of using this dc with us. Is it value for money? What is the quality of the output like? please let us know! thanks! ;)

Originally posted by mushi_007
C40 users, please share your experiences of using this dc with us. Is it value for money? What is the quality of the output like? please let us know! thanks! ;)

So far I have 2 C-4-z users on my list:

1) Pit
2) Howie

Maybe u can email/pm them directly???

I switched from the C3030 to the C40 for one primary reason - size & underwater housing availability.

I figured that I would carry the C40 with me most of the time and get to capture those "I wish I had my cam" shots. With the C3030, it mostly stays at home to accompany my dog. :)

As I scuba dive, I want a cam with an affordable underwater housing with full control. The Olympus PT-012 costing abt S$300 is simply great.

In terms of image quality, I find it similar to that of the C3030, which I find to be sharp.

Full manual control is available. The camera is also easy to use for even old folks as the dial modes make it really easy e.g. night scene, portrait, etc.

The cam is feature rich - notably noise reduction, pixel mapping, custom camera setting mode.

The cam uses Smartmedia, which so far is the cheapest media (solid state).

It does however suffer from slow focussing. But thats fine with me. Battery life is slightly shorter but if you "conserve" energy by switching off the LCD between shots, a full charge 1700NiMh should provide you with about 60-80 shots. Even when the power is low, simply use only the view finder. You'll still be able to capture quite a bit of shots.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by pit
I switched from the C3030 to the C40 for one primary reason - size & underwater housing availability.

I figured that I would carry the C40 with me most of the time and get to capture those "I wish I had my cam" shots. With the C3030, it mostly stays at home to accompany my dog. :)

As I scuba dive, I want a cam with an affordable underwater housing with full control. The Olympus PT-012 costing abt S$300 is simply great.

In terms of image quality, I find it similar to that of the C3030, which I find to be sharp.

Full manual control is available. The camera is also easy to use for even old folks as the dial modes make it really easy e.g. night scene, portrait, etc.

The cam is feature rich - notably noise reduction, pixel mapping, custom camera setting mode.

The cam uses Smartmedia, which so far is the cheapest media (solid state).

It does however suffer from slow focussing. But thats fine with me. Battery life is slightly shorter but if you "conserve" energy by switching off the LCD between shots, a full charge 1700NiMh should provide you with about 60-80 shots. Even when the power is low, simply use only the view finder. You'll still be able to capture quite a bit of shots.

Hope this helps.

Wah lao! Only 300 bucks for an underwater housing!?!?!

That's so dirt cheap that it's scary, man!!! :eek:

Anyway, if i got the $$$, the C-40z is my next target....reckon this is a DC handy enuff with ample features to see me thru my trips....

Well, thats' why I picked Olympus - they make cheap underwater housings.

The more popular choice being the PT-010 available from CP for S$290 only. This underwater housing fits the C20xx right up to C40xx.

But if you have any friends or contacts in Japan, you can get one for even much lower - about S$150 I think.

Originally posted by pit
Well, thats' why I picked Olympus - they make cheap underwater housings.

The more popular choice being the PT-010 available from CP for S$290 only. This underwater housing fits the C20xx right up to C40xx.

But if you have any friends or contacts in Japan, you can get one for even much lower - about S$150 I think.

Wat?!?! In Japan cost $150!?!?! Mai Tu liao....need to check which colleague of mine going to Japan next......

Think in John also cost about $300+ for my C2040Z casing....

Originally posted by Blitz

Wat?!?! In Japan cost $150!?!?! Mai Tu liao....need to check which colleague of mine going to Japan next......

Think in John also cost about $300+ for my C2040Z casing....

Buy lah! Then go swim wif the fishes and post nice nice marine-life pix for us all to see........;)

C-40 ZOOM, is the camera to buy if you want SMALL SIZE CAMERA AND FULL MANUAL CONTROL. the F-stop is from 2.8 to 8. also from my experience for night shoot, try to open up the F-stop and use a faster shutter speed, then the pic got less noise.
i carry this camera almost every day.

Originally posted by howie
C-40 ZOOM, is the camera to buy if you want SMALL SIZE CAMERA AND FULL MANUAL CONTROL. the F-stop is from 2.8 to 8. also from my experience for night shoot, try to open up the F-stop and use a faster shutter speed, then the pic got less noise.
i carry this camera almost every day.

I want a DC that I can bring ard also...but the current price of the C-40z still quit ex.

the only disappointment about the c-40 is that it cannot use filter.
i alway use pola filter.
i u shoot water fall in bright sun light , u will need ND filter cause the smallest f-stop is only f8.

Status
Not open for further replies.