C-PL filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

poohbear

Aug 11, 2004
Sengkang
how much will C-PL filter cost me ?? just checking out the market rate .... :blah:

depends on the size. 52mm one could cost as low as $20 and more than $100 for hignend ones.

how abt 67mm... any brand in particular ??

Advice for SLR users, normally is get a standard size like 77mm, then use step up rings. Buying 1 size for every len you own will be hazardous.

Btw, IYAM, I'd recommend the Nikon CIR-PL II 77mm (slim), $240-$260 at Lords. Or the B+W 77mm at $180-$190.

260 for a cir pl ?!
my 55mm hoya (i mean ya, it isnt the greatest) costs ard 35?

today just saw my friend using nikon (i think) c-pl, the thread size is stated 77mm, but the glass is bigger, like 82mm. when use on 19mm lens, no vig.

mine is konix, 77mm, but when used with 19mm lens, can see vig.

so which is cheaper, 1) slim c-pl or 2) use step up ring and use c-pl that is 1 size bigger?

pls advice me, thanks.

denniskee said:
today just saw my friend using nikon (i think) c-pl, the thread size is stated 77mm, but the glass is bigger, like 82mm. when use on 19mm lens, no vig.

mine is konix, 77mm, but when used with 19mm lens, can see vig.

so which is cheaper, 1) slim c-pl or 2) use step up ring and use c-pl that is 1 size bigger?

pls advice me, thanks.

That's the older Nikon CIR-PL, it's 77-82mm to prevent vignetting, the new Nikon Cir-PL II is slim 77 throughout, and vignetting is prevented as well.

If you're using wides, you'd probably be better off with a slim CIR-PL or using the older Nikon CIR-PL would be better but you can't attach the 77mm lens cap on the 82mm screw on thread.

Get the largest, then use step up rings on all the smaller sizes.

i'm new to this but what is vignetting ?? bought one CP-L at WCP @ 50 bucks honix one

poohbear said:
i'm new to this but what is vignetting ?? bought one CP-L at WCP @ 50 bucks honix one

that is when the corner of the photo dark dark...

Status
Not open for further replies.