Bye Bye Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

taiwanapurasteve

Dec 8, 2004
Taipei
An open letter to all my fellow CS'rs

My time in Singapore is coming to an end. I moved to Singapore two years ago from Seattle, Washington. Seattle is an absolutely beautiful part of the country, but I wanted to see more of the world. My wife and I are chronically addicted to travel, but couldn’t afford to keep traveling. So, we decided to make our living ‘on the road’. It’s been the best two years of our life.

Thanks to the friendly attitude around ClubSnap I’ve made a number of new friends. It’s a bittersweet goodbye. We are off to a new adventure in Taiwan and then after that who knows what will happen.

What am I going to miss?
• ClubSnap
• Easy public transportation
• A multi-lingual society (much of the USA barely speaks one language)
• Being able to get great food at 2AM
• The greatest airport ever
• Regionally centered for great travel
• The harmony such a diverse group of people living/working and having fun together
• Watermelon Sago
• The great thunderstorms
• Goldclass Movies – they may have this in the US, but I’ve never seen them

Things I won’t miss.
• Cars are way too expensive (for me anyway) :angry:
• The HEAT (I know it’s been two years, but I just can’t seem to adjust) :sweat:
• Canon’s way of pricing its merchandise higher than in other parts of the world :dunno:
• Pushing each month’s budget to see what I can buy in the Buy/Sell section of CS :think:
• Getting caught in one of those great thunderstorms without an umbrella :bsmilie:

I’ve been hanging around CS for the last year and half and I’ll really miss it. Being a part of PhotoAid was the most rewarding charitable activity I have been a part of. There is a lot of talent and friendly photographers in Singapore and I’ll miss that. Of all the forums I participate in, CS by far has the friendliest atmosphere for newcomers and the veterans.

Cheers and best wishes to all,

-steve

U'r the most welcomed. Thanks for letting us know that Singapore is a great place. Many Singaporeans take it for granted. All the best in your future endeavours!

Hey Steve,

Though u will be another part of the world, u'll still have access to CS! It was nice meeting you at Photoaid last year. Best of luck in your new adventures, and send mine regards to ur wify. Take care.;)

hi Steve, thanks for all your contributions as well, remember to make another exhibition in Singapore when opportunity arises, all the best! :)

Hey Steve,

Good luck in Taiwan. Thanks for your contribution on CS and also big thanks for the camera, I'm loving it.

Have a great adventure and let us know when your next exhibition is going to be.

All the very best for the future, I'm sure Taiwan will hold many new opportunities. Don't forget to pop by CS every once in a while and good luck finding an English photo forum in Taiwan!

I know most of us tend to take the food and public transport for granted :) Wish you all the best in your future endavours. You can still post in CS from taiwa you know..

Thanks everyone! This is exactly what I'll miss, all the kind words. I'll definitely be in touch from Taipei. I've only visited Taipei, but from what I've been reading it looks like Taiwan has some beautiful landscapes to the south.

Hi Steve,

You will be as busy eating and shooting in Taiwan too. Enjoy your stay there and a have a safe journey!

Nice meeting you!

Yo steve ,i'll have to thank you for your efforts in PhotoAid and it's been a wonderful experience for me as well. Who knows , we might meet you again in Taipei ~!

P/S : The food there is awfully sinful ~!!:devil:

Steve, beat wishes to you.
Glad to have met you, albiet a brief one, at Marina Square last year. :)

See you around in CS.

Hey Steve,
it was great meeting you at PhotoAid
Thanks for the equally great pix that we used for the poster

Hope to still see you around in CS
And have a great time in Taiwan.

Best wishes Steve...

so sad I didn't have the opportunity to go shooting wif you and you are leaving...

Have a wonderful time at your stay in taiwan...

bye steve! are you going to ask the mods to change your nick to taiwansteve after this? ;p

If you loved the watermelon sago, you love the mango ice and all the desserts there! like what poohbear said, food there is very very sinful..:D

You can always access CS online. :thumbsup: ROC is going to be an experience! I think you will like it there. Or maybe one day, you might make your way back to SG for a short visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.