Buying photo gear in Bangkok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royce

Aug 25, 2003
Singapore
www.roycelithgo.com
Any suggestions where to go? Things are pretty cheap over here...
Particularly looking for 1gb CF card, maybe Sony F828 (although doesn't seem to be released here yet) and nikon gear (found a couple of nikon places in MBK but quite small and don't stock much recent stuff).

Got 2 days left to shop! ;)

I don't think that imported electrical & electronic goods like cameras and mobile phones are cheaper in Bangkok than in Singapore. I've been to Bangkok many times and have never once found that these goods are cheaper there (at least those that I want to get anyway). In fact, even Thais come to Singapore to shop for cameras and mobile-phones as they find them to be cheaper here.

Yeap my Thai counterparts always buy photography/electronics/mobile phones in Singapore when they are here. A bit OT but the badminton rackets are the cheapest in Bangkok!!!

Hi! If you're into B/W photography, you might want to try the Fomapan films available in Bangkok. They're Czech-made, selling for Bht70 per roll (SGD2.50?)

in fact, i find u can find some gears which are selling cheaper in KL than in SG as the market there is more competitive than in SG. The market is too small here....

Do you know which shop / mall in KL selling cheaper
than here. My experience is it's almost the same (after
conversion ) and more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.