Buying Lenses from Japan

luffs

Feb 1, 2008
Ang Mo Kio
Hi guys,

I'll be heading to Japan for 2 weeks free & easy. Was hoping to get myself a 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII during my trip there. Just wondering if the cost there will be cheaper than in Singapore, and does NSC recognize the warranty from Japan?

Anyone bought lenses from Japan before? Perhaps you can share the pros & cons of purchasing overseas?

Thanks for your time.

I was at Tokyo last week. And nope, the lenses aren't cheaper. But Tamron lenses were cheaper.

Hi guys,

I'll be heading to Japan for 2 weeks free & easy. Was hoping to get myself a 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII during my trip there. Just wondering if the cost there will be cheaper than in Singapore, and does NSC recognize the warranty from Japan?

Anyone bought lenses from Japan before? Perhaps you can share the pros & cons of purchasing overseas?

Thanks for your time.

If you intend to get it oversea, I suggest get the grey set from technogadgets...<2850.... local set 3k+

chnog

Thanks for the replies guys. Wow seems like the prices don't vary alot.

For those who have more inputs, perhaps u guys can share?

I bought a lens in Osaka as it is cheaper than in Singapore. It's 100-200 cheaper than in sg. But it's without international warranty. It's a relatively cheap lens, so I am ok to go without the international warranty. You just need to ask around and compare. What I like in Japan is that I can go to the Nikon special outlet to get exclusive Nikon stuff at a lower price than anywhere else, like NikonxPorter bag. If you are around Osaka, you can go Sanda factory outlet, where they have Nikon special outlet.

A better option is to buy the 70-200 in Hk, the street price is around S$2.6k+ with international warranty.

Last edited:
Oh yes. A lot of cool unique products. And all the spare parts you ever need is there too.

Wow. Thanks for the inputs guys. I'm more concerned with the warranty. However, I'm also very interested in the exclusive Nikon items. I'll spend my last 4 days in Osaka so I'll definitely drop by the outlet.