Buying Kx or Kr

Bravolove

Apr 11, 2007
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of buying a Kx or Kr depending on the price difference when Kr is released.

And I will be going to shanghai for study next month. All the pentax seniors who have bought their gears in shanghai, will it be cheaper to buy kx or kr in shanghai compared to singapore?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of buying a Kx or Kr depending on the price difference when Kr is released.

And I will be going to shanghai for study next month. All the pentax seniors who have bought their gears in shanghai, will it be cheaper to buy kx or kr in shanghai compared to singapore?

Thanks

K-r will be available next month, that is in the US. but in Singapore it will take longer. I guess you have to wait a little bit.

The Kr will definitely cost more considering its a new model plus it will take some time to get here. If you want to enjoy the camera, the K-x is not bad too! Maybe I sell you mine so I can wait for the Kr :hammer: oops...what am I talking about??? :bsmilie:

you might consider getting the k-r over the k-x for the addition of viewable AF points in VF.

Neither, get the Pentax K-7

if your choice is between kx and kr..
it's basically a no-brainer.. kr of course..

Newer is almost always better... wait for the K-r, if you can't wait then get the K-x or K-7.

you might consider getting the k-r over the k-x for the addition of viewable AF points in VF.

For me, this isn't that much value in the points because I like to focus precisely and use the single spot focus in the center of the screen. However, the new focusing system and the focus assist lamp might perform better in low light. Having said that, I think I'll save up for the K-5 and get a good manual focus screen.

If you can wait and a bit higer cost is no issue. The Kr will be better for the interface improvements over Kx.

Kr - if go for new set.
Kx - if for second hand set.

i think bottom line is:

- do you need a camera NOW?

and

- what is your budget?

if u need it NOW, and you don't have a problem with budget, get a new K-X or K-7.

if you need it NOW but have a budget constrain, get a 2nd hand K-X.

if you don't need it NOW but have a budget constrain, wait for the K-R and see if its worth the difference in cost. Otherwise, consider a new or 2nd hand K-X.

if you don't need it NOW and don't have a budget constrain, get the K-5 ;)

If you can wait and a bit higer cost is no issue. The Kr will be better for the interface improvements over Kx.

Actually, when I bought the KX, I thought about a K7 level camera, but low light performance was critical to me and I just could not accept the KX having the more sensitive sensor for JPEG. The KX was at P&S prices. Furthermore, there were rumours that a K7 Super (with the Sony sensor) was coming. So I bought the KX to "hold off the stomach", while waiting for the new camera and I'm salivating really badly waiting for the K5 specs.

fengwei has spoken... vox fengwei vox dei

Kind of hard to advise properly when both cameras have not been fully reviewed and priced.

But I would advise using the money saved by getting the older but still very capable K-x and using it to invest in lenses or a flash unit - both will make a bigger difference than the relatively small upgrade that the K-r promises.

Kind of hard to advise properly when both cameras have not been fully reviewed and priced.

But I would advise using the money saved by getting the older but still very capable K-x and using it to invest in lenses or a flash unit - both will make a bigger difference than the relatively small upgrade that the K-r promises.

I agree with this.

I am using K-x and wasn't really tempted when i first saw the spec of K-r. Seriously K-X is alot of bang for the buck still and with the price at BnS, I will still stick to my K-x if I am getting a new camera now.

Then again, if you have budget to spare, it is no harm waiting for the K-r or K-5. :>

K-x is good but now have the choice to get K-r. Get the K-r if you can wait.

Hey, thanks for all the advice.

I guess I will wait for Kr and see how much it is priced. If it is priced competitively, I can either get a kr or a 2nd hand kx. (hehe I suspect many bro will offload their kx for the kr)

Hey, thanks for all the advice.

I guess I will wait for Kr and see how much it is priced. If it is priced competitively, I can either get a kr or a 2nd hand kx. (hehe I suspect many bro will offload their kx for the kr)

I'm also waiting for those who will ofload... ;p

tots getting k-x.. but since k-r coming in.. might as well wait for it..
if the reviews are not justified with the price.. then i will go for used k-x, get better lenses, as others recommended..