buying flash for multi purpose use. please advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

icyblue

Jun 11, 2007
i am buying flash for multi-purpose use. so i am considering canon or third-party flash.
does the third party flash makes alot of difference? what brand is recommended? thanks

430 EX II and above for Canon...

Last edited:
Highly recommend 430EXII or 580EXII.
Or the nissin flash di 622 or 866.
:)

Personally have not used third party flash before, but read from somewhere that 3rd party flash may have lag. i.e. not 100% sync with camera body.

thanks for all recommendation. but if i have tight budget on flash, is nissin recommended?

consider 270 Ex then. But flash head cannot rotate horizontally.
The only advantage is it's smaller size and lighter weight

Last edited:
Nissin 866 better or 430EX II better??

The Nissin 866 is better than the 430EXII.
Nissin 866 is very similar to Canon 580EXII but at lower price but with higher flash output.
The Nissin 622 is very similar to Canon 430EX but at a much lower price.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong. I considered buying the Nissin 866 when it was just released but it was not available in Canon mount so i chose the 580EXII instead.
:)

Go for Canon 580EXII model... i have no regrets getting it

i am buying flash for multi-purpose use. so i am considering canon or third-party flash.
does the third party flash makes alot of difference? what brand is recommended? thanks

Depends on your budget. I don't have budget for a 580EX so got myself a 430EX. Unless you need to control a few flash, and/or need faster recharge time and/or got the spare cash laying around...;p

There can be no situation where theres too much light. Better got light then no light. So I'd go for the 580 ex2...actually, I went already. hahaha...

Have you looked at the Metz (German) brand? I remember they were a major force some years ago before DLSR. Maybe they still are:dunno:.

i am buying flash for multi-purpose use.

multi purpose, you mean include master / slave flash? If yes 580EXII is the best.
If really tight, get 2nd hand.

how about those for strobist? Cheap ones for 100? Where do you get those? durable?

Status
Not open for further replies.