Buying E-1 online

Status
Not open for further replies.
NorthernLights said:
Nightpiper - I hope you pardon me but you did make a $4000 bid for a full set that cost well over $6500. Whether it's overpriced or not it remains for the industry and market forces.

I am sure Pete did his homework before even talking about buying. I am sure you, Nightpiper did yours before bidding $4000. I really hope you are not discouraging others so that you can get the set at your bid of $4000.

buyers & sellers create that market force. so for me, i justify $4k with the set & if matrix want to sell at that price, the value is determined. similarly, nikon wants to sell u a digital ver of F80 for $2.5k, if u feel its worth that much, u buy it & thus also creates the market force. i feel its over priced so its an option to me not to give in to such forces. similarly to matrix as well, he feels its too low so he opted not to sell it to me.

yes, i did a careful, objective analysis before i place my bid. so whether i get it or not, is really in the hands of matrix. on the other hand, i also don't think i have the ability to discourage others from buying matrix's set. we r adults & i believe we all can judge for ourselves. i was merely stating the facts. many people has bought the half baked ver of nikon & canon, so there's really no problem for anyone who wants to give a half baked olympus a try. the half baked E1 could have more features & functions but may not have the build. if anyone feels that its more value for money to pay less for more features, thats really up to them just like the D70 & D1x forces. i feel that if i don't bring up the coming half baked ver, i m in fact not doing these potential buyers a favour. who knows, many of them might just want more features, more technological advancement for less money over better build?

hope i didn't sound too offending or appear to be creating trouble in this thread. :)

ok.... me bad.
Ive never had the intention to start a thread only for it to brust into a flame war.
Thank you all for every sensible comments. Points to note are very valid.
1. Resistance is futile and in vain..... if want a cam and need a cam, buy it. Prices are never gonna appreciate. Im currently shootin with a 3040 and s2. I want to get my feet wet in the 4:3 pond, that is way i started this. Its the weather thingy, the built quality, the weight/size that appeals to me most. Above all, ive seen some remarkable pics on delicated 4:3 sites that got me seriously considering buying one.
2. Half baked or otherwise.... all left to be seen. So a new cam from Oly shall be annouced next month or so! There will be compromises, there might not. My guess is that somethings gonna give to justify the price and continuity of the E-1, the built quality will not be that of the E-1. But given any "extra" features, i will like to be holding something of serious quality, something firmer. The law of supply and demand in a perfect mkt will prevail, more ss will lead to a fall in price. Just like the s2, its gonna worth jack in a couple of months time.

Thank you everyone for your time and contribution.

Read for life, shoot for the moment

petesim, dun feel bad....E-1 dun come cheap so it is a wise move to
seek opinion here, that's what the forum here for, right ? To learn and
be advised....

Whether E-1 is overpriced or not, it is very subjective....as a happy E-1
user, I can't tell you how good or bad the machine can produce cos image
to everyone's eyes, again, is subjective...

As long as you think that E-1 can give you the kind of image quality you
want and you like it, by all means just go for it !

When I first decided to dump all my canon gear to opt for E-1, I did my
research for a couple of months and looked thru thousands of images
on the net taken by E-1. Never once did I ask anyone for opinion on E-1
cos I only believe in what I saw with my own eyes and only myself know
what I want and what I'm looking for.

I'm sure you know what you want, so trust your eyes ! :) :) :)

Got my E-1 a few months ago and since then, I never looked back....

Just my $0.01 cent worth...

cookiez said:
Whether E-1 is overpriced or not, it is very subjective....as a happy E-1
user, I can't tell you how good or bad the machine can produce cos image
to everyone's eyes, again, is subjective...

As long as you think that E-1 can give you the kind of image quality you
want and you like it, by all means just go for it !

petesim, there's really no war here. its still just a discussion. i just want to hi-lite to u that a brand new set with kit lens can be bought on-line for ~US$1500 from more reputable shops which is more or less world wide price. however i do notice s'pore tends to sell at a premium of $600 more. u might want to consider getting a brand new set on-line.

on the other hand, if u decide to buy a 2nd set, i suggest u use the world wide price as a ref rather than s'pore price. so nego with the new price instead.

lastly, i m very sure the E1 can & will give u the image quality u want. just take a look at Matrix's WTS posting, got a very good sample. :)

don't miss the fun part of shopping.... :devil:

cookiez & nightpiper ..... cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.