Buy/Sell sections revamped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see a change to the section! the brand thing looks good!

As for not being able to post replies I personally feel it will hamper transparency in bidding "in thread" Really like the fact that post were allowed and edits disallowed.

My suggestion would be:

1) For the thread starter to be the only one to post, to update or bump up his own thread.

2) For the thread starter to be able to modify his post, and thereafter, due to the edit, gets automatically bumped up in the subforum via the edited date, rather than the posting date.

what about deal done? will there be an auto-closure or the owner has to do a closure?

erm ... what's wrong with the previous layout ? why is there a need to change ? while this way of sorting is indeed neater, it reduces buy-as-you-browse activities ... just my take ...

Sorry guys, but I really like the previous style better.
1) Lumping everything together just by brand doesn't work for me. If I'm looking for lens only, all I really want to see are lens sales threads and not alot of threads offering different equipments and filter out what I want manually.
2) I don't usually have a 100% target in mind when I browse the threads, so I'd like to see a variety of brands and compare them later on with reviews. Now, with this setting I have to open up a few different sections, make a mental note of what I've seen and try to find a similar deal/piece of equipment in the other 2 sections.

Just my 2 cents worth

Damn! Some nincompoop forgot the mount for his Sigma/Tokina/Tamron lens! Now he's going to get a million PMs/SMS asking for the mount cause he can't update his thread! :bsmilie: Haha! What a loser!

Hi Moderators,

Can you please consider running the previous B/S platform and the new platform concurrently at the same time. You could receive feedbacks from folks at the same time while giving them some time to familiarize themselves with the new format. This is a pretty sudden migration. Even system integrators need time to make 2 systems run concurrently before migrating to the new platform ;)

Maybe its just me, but I do think postings have been reduced, and activities are slowing quite a bit.

The new system is great for cameras but not for lenses/accessories as there are many non camera brand lenses for sale. For example, a buyer may miss out on a Tokina lens for a Nikon body as the Tokina lens won't be in the Nikon lens for sale section...

everything is nice except the reply is disabled...how to bid? and our PM only 10..sure floated

everything is nice except the reply is disabled...how to bid? and our PM only 10..sure floated

the idea is to prevent bid paddings, unnecessary thread crashing like price policing (which i really hate) etc... i believe Darren has covered this in the #1 of this thread, and in the FAQ.

as for the PM limit, once u have acheived 50 posts (outside kopitiam), your PM limit will increase. one way to conduct your buy/sell is to provide email address, or to have a BNP straight.

Love the change in the b&s section.. its now so much easier to find the particuliar brand needed..

HI,

It will make bidding less transparent. Just my feedback.

Thanks for the effort.

is already less transparent since some time ago especially when some lowballers prefered to pm me instead even when i indicate to bid on thread.

as for the PM limit, once u have acheived 50 posts (outside kopitiam), your PM limit will increase. one way to conduct your buy/sell is to provide email address, or to have a BNP straight.

well not every buyer will pay for the item at BNP...sometimes i get the gut feeling that there's quite a no of lowballers around recently...

well not every buyer will pay for the item at BNP...sometimes i get the gut feeling that there's quite a no of lowballers around recently...

well, perhaps disabling the reply function might be better? then you dun have to reply to every lowballer. in PM, u can just straightaway delete the PMs. :)

am sorry....is it me eyes having problem or that all posts seem to point to thread taht are 3weeks old?...

slight difficulty in seeing the point of disabling the reply functions...

PAISEH...realised problem liao..

Hi Everyone,

As requested by Darren earlier, please post your feedback in this thread. Thanks!

Closing this thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.