Butterfly & flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhho

Nov 2, 2003
West
Visit site
Hi! This was taken in Sentosa last weekend.

original.aspx

I would like to seek your comments on the following

composition (too messy?)
lighting (too bright?)
exposure (too much?)
colour processing (from Raw to Tiff to JPEG is it too warm?)
Your 1st impression (is it colourful?)

Here is the EXIF information
Camera: Olympus E-300
Shutter: 1/60 sec
Aperature: f/11.0
ExposureProgram: 4
ISO: 200
MeteringMode: 5
Focal Length: 200.0 mm
ExposureMode: 1
with tripod

Thank you very much for your comments.
Cheers,

Adding on to what nightmare already mentioned - I think if this was taken at f3.5 at ISO 100 (that should give you a shutter of 1/300 or so), it will make a better image - given the same exact composition.

Thank you for your comments.

As I've titled it as "Butterfly & flowers", I wanted to capture both objests of flowers and butterfly (in focus)

f3.5 & ISO100 will definetely out the only question is whether these two (flowers & butterfly) can put together and give a nice combination for viewers.
Bear in mind that it is an outdoor shot and not pre-arranged.
How often you can find these (butterfly & ginger flower?) together?

Cheers,

f3.5 & ISO100 will definetely out the only question is whether these two (flowers & butterfly) can put together and give a nice combination for viewers.

FourThirds cameras have 2 stops more DoF than regular 35mm, so f11 gives you an equivalent of f22, that is presuming you are not using an extension tube.

At the same time, the subjects in question are really on a shallow plane, so you didn't need to sacrifice ISO.

Adding on to what nightmare already mentioned - I think if this was taken at f3.5 at ISO 100 (that should give you a shutter of 1/300 or so), it will make a better image - given the same exact composition.

I forgotten this photo taken with tripod (so shutter speed could be slower down to 1/20s)
and I would not stop down to f3.5 as I wanted these flowers and butterfly all in focus.
Thank drakon09 for your advice.

i think you should not have put this in the critique corner
because critique is not what you are seeking
simple as that, thanks for wasting my time, and drakon's
deleting all the previous posts

Yah, I think you don't really need f11 for this shot to have DOF to cover both the butt and the flower leh....may be you can try to calculate you DOF requirement on some DOF calculator easily available online.:)

composition is too messy for my liking. Decide either to get the butterfly or the flower to be in focus...

Status
Not open for further replies.