Bulkload Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

Okay, did some reading and know what's it about, how to load the loader and load the canisters, but I have some questions for the people here who bulk loads their film (seeing the number of people who wants Provia 400F bulk cans, should be quite a lot :D)

1. Do you get scratches on the film when you bulk load, due to dust on the loader or canister?

2. Unless you load the canister in total darkness or in a changing bag, the last few exposures will be 'wasted'. So while shooting, don't you have to take note not to shoot beyond a certain frame (e.g. #34)?

3. Do you keep the loader in the fridge, or you bulk load 20 rolls and keep all of them in the fridge?

That's all for now. Thanks in advance.

Regards
CK

1: no

2: the number will be messed up. You need to cut, paste , wind for 36 frames, cut. you can't see the number on the positive.

3: I loaded all , then store the canisters in the fridge.

1) YES, it is almost certain you can't escape from scratches, I dunno about others, but I'm sure to get them

2) That has always been the case, my usual phrase to other people when using bulk rolled film is "Last shot no guarenttee". Load 40 Clicks, and you'll get about 36 shots pre roll.

3) Load All, then keep in my dry box

Rueyloon, if my pulitzer potential slide gets ruined because of scratches.. :rbounce:

BTW, the stuff you rolled has like loads per roll. I get 38 easily. :p

Originally posted by YSLee
Rueyloon, if my pulitzer potential slide gets ruined because of scratches.. :rbounce:

BTW, the stuff you rolled has like loads per roll. I get 38 easily. :p

I get 38 out of factory loaded canisters. But is your last shot okay?

Regards
CK

Originally posted by rueyloon
1) YES, it is almost certain you can't escape from scratches, I dunno about others, but I'm sure to get them

2) That has always been the case, my usual phrase to other people when using bulk rolled film is "Last shot no guarenttee". Load 40 Clicks, and you'll get about 36 shots pre roll.

3) Load All, then keep in my dry box

So for #2, while you are happily shooting until the camera autorewinds (or stop winding), and that last shot is a winner, how? Unless taped in complete darkness, sure gone right? Coz it will be exposed while you're taping the new film to the leftover film in the canister.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.