Bulb exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

swift-monkey

Apr 4, 2002
Visit site
Can anyone enlighten me in how to do Bulb exposure???
To be more specific, how to know the shutter speed required to get the correct exposure????

Thanks

So far, I only did it by trial & errors...

Of course, for shot that you have done, you should remember or record them somewhere for futrue reference.

There is no correct exposure, when I did my Esplanade at 30sec f/11... that doesn't mean that you have to do it that way... you may think that 5sec f/2.0 is enough...

Originally posted by swift-monkey
To be more specific, how to know the shutter speed required to get the correct exposure????

Thanks

also note that if u are using film the film box usually say how much u should compensate in terms of exposure.

Learn this secret formula from a Pro during my photography class.
Exposure time = appature. eg. if appature is f5.6, exposure will be somewhere there, say 6 sec. Formula applicable to ASA 100 film. If film speed is ASA 200, reduce you exposure by half.

Also note that any appature setting above f11, formula become inaccurate because of the nature of the film.

But just to be on the safe side, bracket your shots.

Originally posted by swift-monkey

Thanks

u can meter the scene with another mode first...

maybe F5.6 den record its shutter speed...den do calculations for the shutter speed when u stop the aperture down.

as for manufacturers recommendations, take it with a pinch of salt....cos when its correct in terms of exposure to them may not be to u...

only way i guess is thru ur experiences with the film...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.