Budget ROM Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lelong Lelong...

Cheap photographer at clubsnap ah...good and cheap.. come come...get one or more now....
Best price ..Best price..

There's 20 over forum mates who are out of their minds.. Or desperate for money........

Well.. Thanks for all the offers on PMs and replies to this thread and the other (positive or negative). This is only for willing parties who are interested.

At least I can see some REAL human in this forum being understanding on individual's affordability and respecting other's needs.

You had said it .... some people just does not realise other people needs to live ..... It is really inhuman to think one should adhere to other people's demand and by not adhering to it means that person is inhuman ..... so what did you see in the mirror every morning?

Question ..... you can afford a ROM that last for 6 hours and can't afford to pay for some one's living ......

Most ROM lasts for 3 hours only. You should learn to respect other's needs too .... like to feed their families?

I am a newbie in photography.. here's my comment.. perhaps the pro could suggest a list of potential risks to those who are willing to take the risk of engaging someone seeking a Buget photographer.

In the 1st place why do they not seek friends or relatives for help? What is the potential risk of seeking friends to help?

Because they will be having the same risk as having a newbie as a wedding photographer? The only differences is if friends or relatives to help .... paisei tekan them if turn out is like ..... you know ..... but for newbiew wedding photographer, couple can tekan them lor :p.

There's 20 over forum mates who are out of their minds.. Or desperate for money........

Well.. Thanks for all the offers on PMs and replies to this thread and the other (positive or negative). This is only for willing parties who are interested.

At least I can see some REAL human in this forum being understanding on individual's affordability and respecting other's needs.

Well..I definitely see someone DESPERATE for a CHEAP DEAL photographer..

And who you gonna call?? CLUPSNAP PHOTOGRAPHER!!:bsmilie:

It's a free market out there, all down to supply and demand :sweat:

no one can stop other people from asking low cost/free photographers here, but the whether later they will satisfy with the quality of photos or not, it's depend on their luck/expectation.

no one can stop the Pro from educating/advertise/explain their better service/quality over other lower cost/quality counter part.

But if the customer can pay less and get the similar quality output as from the Pro, who don't want to pay less :confused:

看開點 :sweat:

But if the customer can pay less and get the similar quality output as from the Pro, who don't want to pay less :confused:

看開點 :sweat:

Yes..exactly....REMEMBER THIS: All GOOD BARGAINERS WILL SAY THIS --> "I HAVE TIGHT BUDGET LEH..!! CHEAPER LAH! CAN?" :bsmilie:

on a serious note... $200 cant cover for anything in fact.

and i even PM'ed her because i wanted to have more opportunies for my assistants to shoot.

well no replies from her..

and guys i quote her $250 - $280 and i give her 2 photographers.... where gt no bargain..

those (Pros) wanna know why i gave her that price and PM me.... no problems at all... i will be glad to explain why also. ;)

I guess that price you quoted is ok for your assistants to gain experience lor ..... but then for $200 for 6 hours, unless no output is required, it would be difficult, if not impossible to make it .....

Yes..exactly....REMEMBER THIS: All GOOD BARGAINERS WILL SAY THIS --> "I HAVE TIGHT BUDGET LEH..!! CHEAPER LAH! CAN?" :bsmilie:

The last time I heard a couple saying tight budget ..... they are both living in 2/3 storeys bungalow and moving into another 1 storey bungalow. Really sad .... from a comfortable 3 storeys landed property, they have to "downgrade" to a 1 storey landed property....... You see, they are really on tight budget, they have to pay for houses, gardener, maids, high class furnitures, maintenace for the houses, get pest terminator to clear the pest, heck, they got to pay 5 digit to custom make a wedding gown, hencefore they cannot afford to pay for a photographer.

I was not going to comment on this thread, afterall, someone is getting married, need a photographer, but can't afford high rates, fair is fair to look for something she can afford.

However, after her second post, I feel DP is in a SLAMMING mood.

First of all, to the 20+ idiots, that is what you are, might as well do it for free, then you can claim it's an act of charity.

Back to the bride2be, your insulting $200 can only attract those misguided wannabe pros who are lookng for another check to make their equipment installment payment. Don't feel you are so god damn generous.

Real human will offer payment for services that are fair. Subhuman will try to pay just enough so that the service provided will not die of starvation.

By the way, how much are you paying for the rest of your wedding? Are you squeezing every service provider for your wedding? If you are, well, guess I might owe you an apology, but if you are not, wish you a happy divorce.

Hi

I'm new here. :cool:

Am looking for a ROM photographer in Jan 2007 with a tight budget of around $200 for 4-6 hours.
Please kindly provide portfolio.
PM me with you are interested.
Thanks. ;)

Congrats on your ROM.

Hope you find a suitable photographer for your ROM . :angel:

Just ignore those "pros" comment, and hope u find photographer that meet your need.

I am a newbie in photography.. here's my comment.. perhaps the pro could suggest a list of potential risks to those who are willing to take the risk of engaging someone seeking a Buget photographer.

In the 1st place why do they not seek friends or relatives for help? What is the potential risk of seeking friends to help?

just reminded me of the chop chilli chop woman... anybody got the link again? the photographer was paid really little, i think 250 for entire day, perhaps thats wat spark this issue here... then the lady thought she paid a fortune for photography, and was saying the photographer shot UNPROFESSIONALLY... i was like... 250, u demand wat again?...

then another spark during that thread was someone suggested that CS was a place they could get cheap or even free photographer and not just 1, maybe can even get few backups...

i mean, ya a photography SHARING forum, u share your skills, you share your time, do you have to even cheapen yourself to share your interest?

Sometimes i was thinking, the main reason i dun shoot freelance or for some event or wedding is this... imagine u go to shoot for a wedding and u met your clients, from your main job, then u are the photographer, then the bride/groom go braggin that they paid only 200 for this cheapskate, it will not only tarnish your reputation, it also spoils your company image, like your company not paying you enuff that you have to moonlight, ppl dun just say you are learning or shooting for interest, its more like you are hardup, but if i do charge like 1k minimum, ppl will respect me instead of sayin i cheapskate, and i could tell my client that i shoot freelance for fun and not hardup, the price justifies it.

just reminded me of the chop chilli chop woman... anybody got the link again? the photographer was paid really little, i think 250 for entire day, perhaps thats wat spark this issue here... then the lady thought she paid a fortune for photography, and was saying the photographer shot UNPROFESSIONALLY... i was like... 250, u demand wat again?...
haha... i was also reminded of the "chop chilli chop woman" too... thot that poor thing was paid $150 with 100 prints??? and have to bear all the insults.... :thumbsd:

well to the threadstarter, all I can say is "all the best" to your ROM/wedding

woah! Wish people divorce?????? Now we can see how childish you are!!! You may not need to give someone your blessings but you certainly should not curse someone!

This is the lamest comment I have seen in this forum so far. Even if the TS may have requested for an unreasonable service. Such remark is still totally uneccessary.

By the way, how much are you paying for the rest of your wedding? Are you squeezing every service provider for your wedding? If you are, well, guess I might owe you an apology, but if you are not, wish you a happy divorce.

haha... i was also reminded of the "chop chilli chop woman" too... thot that poor thing was paid $150 with 100 prints??? and have to bear all the insults.... :thumbsd:

well to the threadstarter, all I can say is "all the best" to your ROM/wedding

wah 150... :bigeyes: who got this guy's contact? pass to T.S...

actually $200 is ok lah,maybe TS 1st ROM dunno how long the duration will be.

The T.S. did not state whether need P&S, SLR, Polaroid... all she need is a photog...
I think Kodak still make those paper cameras... Juz j/k... :bsmilie:

As for the story of the chop chilli chop woman, that really makes my blood boiling...:angry:
It is true that the photog is important to make the right composition at the right moment with the right settings.
But it is still very dependant on the subject.

As my mother used to say:
"If you look good, you look good on any kind of clothes. If you are ugly, no matter how lavish your costumes are, you still look ugly."

Photogenics.... not everyone has it.
If the pictures all turned out OOF, I got nothing to say...

I guess that price you quoted is ok for your assistants to gain experience lor ..... but then for $200 for 6 hours, unless no output is required, it would be difficult, if not impossible to make it .....

my assistants all got portfolios one...

most of them are event coverage trained one.. its just that i want to give them exposure to ROMs and weddings. tats all.

$280 also cannot afford ? you must be joking. one handphone already $250....

so dun tell me my assistant's life and my life dun cost $280 yah ? we risk our lives to cross the road. i sometimes drive. i think not enough to even cover my petrol lo.

so $280 in exchange for my assistant's experience and for my petrol + my little bit top up already very good liao.

at least i didnt say 'NAH! this one is my petrol bill, this one my assistant's taxi fare, these will be included yah... Pay cash or cheque ? i accept pay pal also. " :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.