bringing dSLR on overseas ex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsosl1e8

Sep 18, 2005
Going for my first overseas ex pretty soon, so i wanna ask if it's recommended to bring dSLR. Its an open exercise, so i guess restrictions on photography aren't that strict. However, i dunno if cases of theft are prevalent. To those who brought, pls share with me your experiences. Also, do you use special protection on equipment to prevent it against rough handling?

thx.

i brought my PNS instd and cos i tend to be more careful of my equipment i feel that it was a wise decision cos there wasn't really alot of chances for me to shoot (those that had chances were either appointmentless or appointed photog) being small and fast to startup it was easier to grab interesting shots and keep it without interfering with the exercise. Being small i cld also put it in a ziplock with dessicant inside to keep moisture and dust away. I had a padlock for all my bags so if i did leave the cam in the camp it was at least locked but i doubt that it was a great deterrent agst determined theifs. PNS is less eye catching and most ppl prob bring one anyway. Lack of chargin points also meant that a PNS using AA batts ensured tat at least during RNR i can have a camera for shots.

Going for my first overseas ex pretty soon, so i wanna ask if it's recommended to bring dSLR. Its an open exercise, so i guess restrictions on photography aren't that strict. However, i dunno if cases of theft are prevalent. To those who brought, pls share with me your experiences. Also, do you use special protection on equipment to prevent it against rough handling?

thx.

it will be better to have a PNS during these kind of ex...

I go around with my CO around tawian area taking photo(PNS) and video for training...cause there is a lot of climbing to do...dun think u would want to bring a bag with your dslr around during training ba...

bring body + kit lens + 70-300 and a small flash.

or bring a small pns.

whatever u bring, make it as compact and occupy as least volume as possible

thx.

Don't assume. Check with your exercise director.

u go overseas to use rifle to shoot, not camera to photoshoot :sticktong

i brought my D50 to my india exercise with me. just bring a small lens together with dslr and put in a small padded bag. for me coz i'm using a LBV, it has a pouch big enough to carry my camera with me all the time. of coz that time i went knowing it doesnt rain over there, so i brought minimal weather protection gear, but if you know the place you're going to is going to rain, then i'd advise against bringing dslr.

Status
Not open for further replies.