Bringing a dry box when travelling

ssbcc

Mar 14, 2012
Just wondering how many of us would bring a dry box to put the camera and lens in when traveling for a week or more? I normally stay in hotel where there is air con so I think it keeps the humidity down.

I'm wondering why one would do this ... Are you concerned not to have enough luggage? Or do you need to fill the space in the 45l travel case you got cheap from Mustafa? :)
Search for 'dry box' here and you'll find the many threads asking the same, answers won't change a bit.

Aiyah my dry box not so big, my camera not so big either.
Anyway it stops the wife from filling suitcase up with shopping.

For the reason of protection against fungus... if you are traveling and using your gear, there is no need to do so.

But if you want the box there for other reasons, you are free to do whatever you please, as long as your wife is ok... :bsmilie:

I think... if I was traveling and I saw a tourist lugging around a dry box... I'd immediately know he was singaporean. Nobody else is that kiasi. LOL

ssbcc said:
Just wondering how many of us would bring a dry box to put the camera and lens in when traveling for a week or more? I normally stay in hotel where there is air con so I think it keeps the humidity down.

I put straps on my 80L box and only eat at places that offer power outlets so I can keep the humidity in check.

Trip duration doesn't matter. Must maintain humidity. Must maintain humidity. Must maintain humidity .....

We become slaves when they cost more than our salary.

hehe ok :) I understand it is an expensive purchase and you don't want anything untoward to happen to it.
But such thoughts, if you let them get out of hand, end up being to the detriment of your hobby... You spend more time and energy thinking "will it damage my camera?" rather than "will I be able to get the shot I want from that location?" ;)

Besides, if you are bringing your camera along on your travels, I'm guessing you will be using it most of the time, am I right?

TS, just enjoy your holiday with your wife. The camera will be ok

I really haven't had a face palm moment for a long time... And I really did that when I read the title!

Dude...! Wanna pack the camera in a impact resistant shock absorbent Case too? Just enjoy your trip with your wife. Your camera should live.

One more thing - a dry box won't stop your wife from buying more stuff. She can just buy another luggage. Practically all my female friends do that when I travel with them.

Handle your equipment with care but not to the extent where you are afraid of such minor things. If that is the case, we should just store it in the cabinet and admire the camera through the glass door :bsmilie:

Handle your equipment with care but not to the extent where you are afraid of such minor things. If that is the case, we should just store it in the cabinet and admire the camera through the glass door :bsmilie:

maybe TS just bought his camera. so giving ETLC (extra tender loving care) :bsmilie:

Reminds me of someone I once knew who before going on a 2 month overseas journey, decided to wrap his new car swee, swee with a S$300 cover INSIDE a multi-storey car-park. Received a call from the Police 10 days later after they found the car dumped at a heavy vehicle park with bumpers missing, dents / scratches all over and windows smashed.

Reminds me of someone I once knew who before going on a 2 month overseas journey, decided to wrap his new car swee, swee with a S$300 cover INSIDE a multi-storey car-park. Received a call from the Police 10 days later after they found the car dumped at a heavy vehicle park with bumpers missing, dents / scratches all over and windows smashed.

Hope he gt buy insurance...

"this plot of land has not got 300 taels of silver buried within" ?

Bro don't worry yr camera will be ok. I have travelled with a camera + 2 lens for 3.5 months without any fungus problem.