Breathtaking Himalaya (1)

faineant

Oct 2, 2008
Changi, Singapore
Apologies for breaking my set into 2 threads, I should have made it into one, I have more photos in the 2nd thread. I hope you leave some comments & criticism and if you're interested in going to the Himalaya, I will be more than welcome to give some tips and advice.

1) Tibetan Mantras carved in stone.
IMG_1586.jpg

It didn't take long for me to realize how deeply religious the people in the mountains were. Prayer flags, prayer wheels, stupas and stone carvings dot the Himalaya from the lowlands to the high Himalaya.

2) A Dzo (Yak-Cattle hybrid).
IMG_1844.jpg

A Dzo grazes on the hillsides as mountains surround your view wherever you go.

3) Going Downtown.
IMG_18641.jpg

Trekkers make their way down town to the famous Namche Bazaar (3440m) as the jagged ridges of Kongde Ri (6187m) rears in the background

4) Heading Out.
IMG_20071.jpg

Trekkers head out of Tengboche Monastery (3867m) in the morning sun. In the distance, Mt. Everest (8848m) and Lhotse (8516m: 4th highest) summits get blasted by jetstream forming huge clouds of snow.

5) A Time for Prayer.
IMG_2107.jpg

A porter takes a break from the humdrum of a heavy load and trek to pray.

Last edited:
Spectacular scenes u have in this series~

Tks for sharing :)

Nice set Faineant :D

How did you arrange for the trip?

Nice set Faineant :D

How did you arrange for the trip?

Thank you.

All done through e-mail and the trek was through an agency. Researched everything well beforehand. Took a flight to Kathmandu, then took a flight into Himalaya at about 2800m, then trekked all the way to Mt. Everest Base Camp (5200+m) and a place called Kalapatthar (5600+m).

Last edited:
19) Valley.
IMG_2169.jpg

Sometimes you need to stop trekking and turn around, look up, down, left or right to find something that has an amazing view.

20) The Scale of Things.
IMG_2178.jpg

Humans are mere dots in a landscape full of giants.

wow! subscribing here...

:thumbsup:

can't wait to see more...:lovegrin:

Thank you.

All done through e-mail and the trek was through an agency. Researched everything well beforehand. Took a flight to Kathmandu, then took a flight into Himalaya at about 2800m, then trekked all the way to Mt. Everest Base Camp (5200+m) and a place called Kalapatthar (5600+m).

Sounds like a great adventure. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to more pics from the trip. :)