Breaking News: Four bombs hit Thailand's capital

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bro now in Thailand for business. He didnt even know about the bombing. He said life as per normal there. He still goes out makan and pub.

I was in indonesia after the bomb attacks and riots some year back. When i went there in the heart of jakarta, felt peaceful and safe as every street corner had a policeman. My mom scared shix cos the news kept blabbing even on the day of my departure. When i reached there... What riot?

Sometimes, the media sensationalise news like such and make it looks interesting to read and watch. Objective of course is to sell more ads.

Walking on the pavement is not safe as a drunkdriver could bash up the curb to kill innocent people. Notebooks are not safe as it can flare up and make one blind. Even brand new HDB window grills are not safe as "the contractor" cheats on materials and may not hold a person's weight should one lean against it. Nonetheless, heaven is safe. :think:

So, a place is as safe as one thinks it to be.

Dont worry about going Thailand. It's just another day there.

My bro now in Thailand for business. He didnt even know about the bombing. He said life as per normal there. He still goes out makan and pub.

I was in indonesia after the bomb attacks and riots some year back. When i went there in the heart of jakarta, felt peaceful and safe as every street corner had a policeman. My mom scared shix cos the news kept blabbing even on the day of my departure. When i reached there... What riot?

Sometimes, the media sensationalise news like such and make it looks interesting to read and watch. Objective of course is to sell more ads.

Walking on the pavement is not safe as a drunkdriver could bash up the curb to kill innocent people. Notebooks are not safe as it can flare up and make one blind. Even brand new HDB window grills are not safe as "the contractor" cheats on materials and may not hold a person's weight should one lean against it. Nonetheless, heaven is safe. :think:

So, a place is as safe as one thinks it to be.

Dont worry about going Thailand. It's just another day there.

let's put it this way, life is a game.

let's put it this way, life is a game.

yeah, in this game, some people take calculated risk, while some, stake all out without calculating. Its how you handle risk. Like what I always tell my friends who think scuba diving is a extremely dangerous sport : ITS safer than crossing the road .

More bombings are expected, but I guess I most likely will carry on my trip.. since more security personnel are being deployed there . And the bombed areas ain't really where i'm planning to go to

Very sad news. In any case, now that the country is in high alert, there is a high chance that there will be no new bombings in the next few weeks because the bombers will want to keep a low profile first. I don't suggest canceling any already booked trips in the next 2 weeks. Still, its your call and pls don't blame me if anything happens to u.. :embrass:

i missed MBK and World Trade Centre. Very nice places... :thumbsup:

There is a pathetic indirect attempt to link Thaksin with the bombings.
But the obvious is not spoken as Sonthi is a Muslim.

There is a pathetic indirect attempt to link Thaksin with the bombings.
But the obvious is not spoken as Sonthi is a Muslim.

Actually at this point of time, anything goes. Its difficult to pinpoint who is the responsible group.

Take a look at the map of the bombings in today's Straits Times. It seems to me that, the group wanted to give the authories ample time to disperse the crowd before the next wave of bombings. Seems more like a warning rather than an all out effort to kill and injure the general public in London and Mariad's case. The Airport ,major hotels and Financial institutions buildings were spared.Ok, there was an unexploded device found in a 2nd level bathroom in Asia Hotel. If it were indeed the insurgents, probably they would had hit ( HARD ) at the Buddhist Temples , especially the Erawan Shine , schools and the police headquarters and army barracks etc.

Let's see what the King will say , if he will be saying anything.

Lets hope peace will return to the Land of Thousand Smiles soon.

Fortunately, that the bomb was not activated at Asia Hotel and Lumpini Park Night Bazaar.
These are places that Singaporean frequent. I believe that Limpini Park is Suam Luam night market??

Last week, I was at the night bazaar, you can easily grab one singaporean over there. Was also at Big C, Erawan shrine, central, Pratunam...

Could they be targeting Singaporean this time??:think:

Luckily, Sukhumvit Soi 9 and NANA entertaiment center was not hit, :sweat:

Wonder why Singaporean like to live in Asia Hotel:dunno: :dunno: ? there are so many hotels on Sukhumvit road (near Sky Train), and A-go-go bar within reach.;p

It was most likely made as a statement, if they could be so coordinated, the culprits would not have wasted the chance to inflict maximum damage with the chance they had. The yield used would have been more lethal. Higher amounts of explosive coupled with bolts, nails making them into homemade claymore mines. From the situation reported, the blasts were not very big in yield making damage almost zero.

Now security would be very tight making a second attempt more difficult.

Perhaps the culprits didnt want to inflict heavy casualties as there would be a serious backlash on them by the public for creating large number of deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.