Boy + Sunset + Kite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sispecho

Sep 11, 2006
Clementi
Hi im a noob here just recently got into photography and this is my first few times posting. Finally learned how to Can you believe it? lol..

Shot this with my S5IS, I pp-ed it blackening the silhouttes and adding a photo filter.
Should i crop it horizontally to give the boy a better position? what dya guys think?

sorry to mod for double posting pardon me im a noob

3383093860_308edfa1e7.jpg

Yes crop it horizontally putting the kite flyer in the lower left third (googlr rule of thirds) and taking out the other person in the centre should help to make this a better picture.
Remember to straighten the horizon too.

Nice position of the kite, pity about the bypasser in the centre but can't really do much other than waiting for him to walk away... I would think there is way too much grass.. half of the picture is filled with the monotonous grass, detracts away from the main interest point which is the boy with the kite. Would benefit from a little more space on the left of the boy. That's about all for what i think, hope it is useful

Yeah i think i should crop the image horizontally. That was what i thought lol.. It all happened in a split second, i somehow got six sense that the kite is gonna drop nicely at the sun, but the passer by was a bit annoying la. The saving grace i thought was that at least the dude turned to his left, thus maybe perhaps relaying the attention back to the kite flyer. thanks for the commetns though.

too much blacks at the bottom... Crop it out.. :)

And darken silhoutte of kite just a little..

Overall, its a good shot.. :)
Just my 2cent tots. :D

trim the bottom to place the horizon well below the middle of the frame. I'm fine with the 'passerby'.

nice one.

Try not to over polarise your pictures. Always try to shoot the 'prefect' picture the first time round. If exposure is too difficult to balance, take a series of shots and layer them in PS.

Wider, landscape orientation, less of the ground...the sunset looks nice, you should've taken more of it. My 2 cents anyway.

Very much agreed... Thanks for giving your time here guys.

Hi

I think It will be really nice for a Square Crop for this picture by cropping away the dark area below. Then print it and Frame it up!

Sepia may be interesting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.