Boy On Bike

ngwmk

Jan 20, 2009
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition and lighting
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To make use of natural lighting to give the pic a warm feeling and to also capture the natural shadow on the face
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Pic was taken using manual lens 60mm at F2.8 1/1000 at evening time
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think the composition can be improved. The natural lighting brings out the mood of the picture. But capturing kids with manual lens is always a challenge as kids will never stay still for you to compose and shoot.

All critics are welcome.. am learning.

4866160882_1ba696b668.jpg

Last edited:
The colours are warm. The background blurred and the direction of the sunlight falling on his face :thumbsup:

Could show more of the bike? Or more of the surroundings? I must agree that it is really hard to "catch" them.

love the expression and the warm light just makes it a great piece for your mantle

however, watch those coconut trees growing out of his head

Thanks for your critics. Appreciate it.

manual focus at f2.8 and so sharp?
nice!

would hope to see more of the bike but you could have your constraint using 60mm.

Thanks Ovaltinemilo, its a Leica 60mm lens used on my 40D. No post procssing to the picture.

Nice light quality. It takes a keen eye to spot this on the boy's face. Well done.

I think this picture is better as a light study than composition. Its a little tight. The shadows on his face make an excellent 3D and I would encourage you to experiment more angles and light sources in future pics. :)

good light, good expression, good timing.

a pity about the background, it clutters up the image.

Very encouraging critics... Will shoot more ...