Borobudur

Beautiful scene.

Very well capture.

Very atmospheric feel to it.

When I see the photos... one thing did come outta my head instantly, " this is the view where the God would sit everyday on their front porch"

Thanks mate, It's Majestic..

It's quite easy to get around in Yogyakarta. It's best to stay at Manohara Hotel where it is just 200m away from Borobudur. Spent 2D1N there and went up Borobudur 3 times at different hours. Traveled to Yogyakarta on the second day and spend the day shopping at Malioboro. Didn't visit the other temples as I don't have much time. Need to be back in SG the following day.

The sunrise is something that you do not want to miss. You need to start walking to Borobudur from Manohara at around 0430 hrs. So, staying at Manohara is an advantage. Those who stay in Yogyakarta will have to wake up very early to catch the sunrise as they need about 1.5 hrs to travel to Magelang.

The crowd will start to come in at around 0830 hrs. The crowd will mainly hang around at the top of the temple. So, during this period, you can shoot the bas reliefs at the galleries at the lower levels.

I like the tonal range of this shot. Its accentuates the sense of distance between the foreground interests and background. I do feel quite disconcerting about the 3 structure in the foreground though, placed off center...

Hi PCF. It is nice of you to share this photo and the background in getting it. Thank you.:)
This is the kind of shot I been wanted to do... but none yet.

I too really like the tonal range, the layers and the mood for this shot. IMHO this is an almost perfect shot except that..... the foreground composition is not really well taken care of which is already highlighted by Kit. Nonetheless fantastic shot. :thumbsup: