Books on photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystaek

Dec 15, 2004
been doing some reading on some newer threads in the newbie section, found that i'm still very blur with all the photography terms...meterings, DOFs, white balance, shutter/lens speed and etc etc etc.

so i thought of getting a book on learning the basics of photography but i don't know how and i need help. I need a book which not only teach you how to shoot but also explain why to.

if anyone knows where to get the books please reply thru this thread stating where to get it and roughly how much.

thanks for all the help i would be getting :)

mystaek said:
been doing some reading on some newer threads in the newbie section, found that i'm still very blur with all the photography terms...meterings, DOFs, white balance, shutter/lens speed and etc etc etc.

so i thought of getting a book on learning the basics of photography but i don't know how and i need help. I need a book which not only teach you how to shoot but also explain why to.

if anyone knows where to get the books please reply thru this thread stating where to get it and roughly how much.

thanks for all the help i would be getting :)

There are many excellent books that can fit your requirements.

I suggest taking a trip to "Riceball" book store in Adelphi (level 4). Zhong Ling, the owner will be most helpful to get you a suitable book. His prices are also very competitive!

Go to Riceball photography book store at adelphi.

he will recommend u a few good books.

Do a search on riceball and u can get his address.

newbie here too!! lotsa things to learn and learn abt this passion... hmmm. the ultimate solution - LIBRARY! its free & convenient, an trust me, u'll be surprise by the wide range of books available on photography! ONE book's definitely not enuff! :D

keep reading! ;)

If you really want to know on metering, DOF, aperture, exposure etc... look for the book @ Riceball's shop - Understanding Exposure, should guide you through the basics & understanding of the camera's use.

Newbie here oso. But just gotten a Canon S1. Wanna get together to learn and practice??

niterider said:
Newbie here oso. But just gotten a Canon S1. Wanna get together to learn and practice??

Sure. I also newbie here. We can learn together. :bsmilie:

Interested ppl can PM me... i'll see how we can arrange something :)

me too ! if possible count me in ......
Let me know the venue and time

Hey folks!
I just finished reading a book by Henri Cartier Bresson (HCB), but the book's content doesn't really cover the technicalities of photography. It covers more about how HCB chooses his subjects, his perception about photography, framing, composition and so on.

I find the book very inspiring for me to even create better photographs, and that expensive equipment may not be your solution for good photographs.

It is a very thin book, around 106 pages, and although I bought the book at Kinokuniya, I dunno whether if there are copies on the shelf yet.

So those interested, here are the following details -

Title: The Mind's Eye - Writings on Photography and Photographers
Author: Henri Cartier Bresson
ISBN: 0-89381-875-5
Price: S$39.38

Cheers,
-Michelle- :D

John Shaw's books are also nice reading...
very informative and very clear....

thanks for everyone's shares sorry for the slow reply because i'm currently serving ns...and staying in.

will check it out later today.

Or you've got your free web resources, I hate paying for stuff myself.

At the top of the very forum we're in there's this thread: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=37569

Also, now this one is canon specific, but you really can read it with any brand in mind : http://www.camera.canon.com.my/archive/photography/art.htm

I'm sure there are tons more tutorials out there, the Art of Photography is my go to with any questions.

So any newbie still keen to get together? Mebbe visit the library together ;) or visit Adelphi together... even photoshoot. Whatever la...anything oso can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.