Bookjetty.com - Search Amazon books with NLB information

Status
Not open for further replies.

jugend

Apr 12, 2005
www.pluitsolutions.com
Hi guys,

I've just released a beta version of http://www.bookjetty.com, where you can search amazon books with NLB information.

I find myself doing manual repetitive task of checking out good book in amazon site and finding if it's available in the library. So this site may be helpful. Do check it out.

Cheers.

Great work! What I used to do before is to use the NLB Bookmarklet from Amazon. Now I can just search both engines from the same site!

The pop-ups are really cool and useful too.

I'm taking out the NLB Bookmarklet and bookmarking your site instead :)

Thx guys for the kind comments. Glad that you guys find it useful. :)

vince123123 said:
Just some bug/feedback, just did a test search for Dean Koontz - the first title, Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, Book One: Prodigal Son - shows as not available in NLB - however I have the book from NLB on my table right now.

NLB's catalogue also shows it here:

http://vistaweb.nlb.gov.sg/cgi-bin/cw_cgi?fullRecord+11836+3002+12466843+3+1

Vince, regarding the mismatch, it's beyond my control, my code check the book in NLB using ISBN number. The ISBN number stored in NLB could be wrong, but I could not verify it, coz NLB does not display it on their page.

Maybe the next version I can include "Further Probe" button that will further probe NLB based on the given title and author. :)

igpenguin said:
Great work! What I used to do before is to use the NLB Bookmarklet from Amazon. Now I can just search both engines from the same site!

The pop-ups are really cool and useful too.

I'm taking out the NLB Bookmarklet and bookmarking your site instead :)

I do not know about NLB Bookmarklet. Pretty good idea too, but a bit more steps. So i was not the only one that has been doing these copy and pasting too hehe..

jugend said:
I do not know about NLB Bookmarklet. Pretty good idea too, but a bit more steps. So i was not the only one that has been doing these copy and pasting too hehe..

i came across the bookmarklet here: http://mel.uberkids.com/blog/?p=130 . it has a link to the bookmarket's download.

but it only works one way, as in searching the NLB catalogue from Amazon. Say I'm in a Amazon page for a particular book; I can click on the bookmarklet and it will do a search on NLB catalogue for the same book based on ISBN.

Neat!

However I'd prefer a Amazon->NLB search instead.

Very fast though. Did you use some published APIs to do this? Just curious.

alucard said:
great it is out of Beta. :) I was one of the earliest users of BookJetty. :thumbsup:

BTW, the ISBN search does work in the NLB bookmarklet. It may have something to do with seperate ISBN numbers for Hardcover and Paperback.

Yep different publications have different ISBN. Thx for your support alucard, btw, it's still a BETA version, hehe.., though some bug fixes and enhacements have been done. :)

Next one will be integration with Amazon UK for a better match with NLB, especially for novels search.

Status
Not open for further replies.