Bokeh - Using Nikon Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys/gals :)

are all lens can do "Bokeh" or only a specific lens?

Here, check this link: Here;)

All lens can but some need specific conditions eg. camera to subject distance, subject to background distance, depending on lens specs. Read and learn about it first before you make a decision like hurhur I will buy D3X so to make gooody bokeh!;)

Last edited:

You make it sound like bokeh is an action, like taking a photograph.
Bokeh is pleasing, or ugly, but you cannot DO bokeh.

You have to be specific with these things, or else you confuse others.

i THINK you meant to say ask whether only certain lenses can achieve a very shallow/thin Depth of Field, so you can get the background to be very out-of-focus, am I right?

double post

Last edited:
You make it sound like bokeh is an action, like taking a photograph.
Bokeh is pleasing, or ugly, but you cannot DO bokeh.

You have to be specific with these things, or else you confuse others.

i THINK you meant to say ask whether only certain lenses can achieve a very shallow/thin Depth of Field, so you can get the background to be very out-of-focus, am I right?

so sorry noobs here, if its the right term. maybe you are right :)

Hi,

YashicaGS.jpg

Nikkor 50mm/1.8

Pardon if bokeh is not passable. :p

Cheers
Shaz

erm, you have no background to speak off in this photo. How to comment on the bokeh?

3314332586_701f7311b5.jpg

400mm f2.8

OT a bit: dun discount other brands too.... they give very good bokeh too...

example:
using sigma lens:

Thank you Eric for comparison between the lenses, may I know which kind of Sigma lens you're using? The Bokeh look smooth! :D

the sigma lens is the 70-300mm.... sigma is pretty well known for that lens...

but already sold the lens....

Hi,

YashicaGS.jpg

Nikkor 50mm/1.8

Pardon if bokeh is not passable.

Cheers
Shaz
erm, you have no background to speak off in this photo. How to comment on the bokeh?
Look at the oof areas lor :bsmilie: And see if it is pleasing enough

Ryan

errrrm, ok point noted!
I like the heptagonal shape of the points of light! :)
7-bladed aperture!
nothing else to comment. Nice camera?

Hi,

haha. sry. will post a better picture when im home later. hahaha.

Cheer
Shaz

bokeh also depends on background. imho, u can only tell a lens has good bokeh if the BG has light sources. see how the blurred areas are rendered. ;p

if the background is uniform, bokeh will usually look good on any lens, if there is shallow DOF.

bokeh also depends on background. imho, u can only tell a lens has good bokeh if the BG has light sources. see how the blurred areas are rendered. ;p

if the background is uniform, bokeh will usually look good on any lens, if there is shallow DOF.

Might I correct you on that point. Sorry to nitpick once again. A lens does not HAVE good bokeh. It HAS glass elements mounted in some arrangement onto a barrel.
The lens can PRODUCE pleasing bokeh though, if it's a good lens.

But yeah overall I agree with your point about wanting to have a visible background in order to judge the quality of the bokeh produced. For the picture of the Yashica camera, the background is totally black. The OOF area of the camera is just slightly blurry, so nothing to comment about.

Status
Not open for further replies.