Bokeh shots

No harm meant but have you ever felt that the bokeh is kind of edgy/busy?

no harm taken =) i think its cos of the shiny parts on the gate.. this is one of the pics that have to be seen in big size for it to really look nice.. somehow when its small the bokeh doesnt look as nice. anyhow, i like this lens cos it makes you subject pop from the bg. almost 3D-like

here's one at f2

9a37bc5d667071fb15c0db0d72e413b0.jpg

By Vietnamese hands no less... :angel:
Somehow I think those were manufactured from some left-over raw materials. It;s still not listed in retail most of the time. Or is it only for the Japanese market or something? :dunno:

no harm taken =) i think its cos of the shiny parts on the gate.. this is one of the pics that have to be seen in big size for it to really look nice.. somehow when its small the bokeh doesnt look as nice. anyhow, i like this lens cos it makes you subject pop from the bg. almost 3D-like

here's one at f2

9a37bc5d667071fb15c0db0d72e413b0.jpg
ok, this is a great one! <:

You are not alone... I bought a M 50mm when i just got my kx and i find it too narrow especially when you are using it indoors and sometimes there is really no way to step back when the space is too tight.

This is the main reason why I bought the DA35 instead and although it's a slow lens @ f2.8, i am able to pump up the iso w/o degrading the IQ too much if I am using it indoors. I find the combination of the DA35 or the DA40 with the kx is really a match made in heaven due to the high-iso capability of the kx.

Maybe this is because I could not afford the FA31 ;p

bingo! no way to step back is my exact feel. i have encountered that a couple of time when using 50mm on the 50-200mm. this is really holding me back in the purchase for the past 2 weeks....darn.

40 and 43 not much diff from 50 in terms of FOV... maybe just half a step... it takes time to adjust to shooting prime lens... depends on usage, if 50mm is too tight then use something wider... after some time, u dun wait to change lens until u find it too tight, u will change lens in advance before u find it too tight...

got it. thanks for highlighting. should all not work out, i may need to look at DA35 with some sacrifice on the f stop.

This thread has become the showcase of 50mm F1.2 and *55F1.4... :bigeyes:
Damn... looking at all those pictures.. alot of poison.. :bsmilie:
all those bokeh.. Droolzz........

if theres something i really like about pentax, its their primes and pancakes. nikon has only 1 45mm 2.8 pancake that goes for 800 bucks secondhand... and that smc 50 1.4 is so compact! =)

Well..guess people got put off by the price tag and hence the bad review...:dunno:

DA*55mm f/1.4
IMGP6784.jpg

I am poisoned. :thumbsup: Thanks, Des! :sweat:

On the topic of Bokeh, i found --surprisingly-- that the F 50mm f/1.7 balances the focused sharpness and the OOF areas very well.
It shd be the same with the A and M versions since optically similar.

Below taken with K-x and SMC-F 50mm f/1.7
4290506642_3a054a3fce.jpg

4277629127_76ceea92c6.jpg

if theres something i really like about pentax, its their primes and pancakes. nikon has only 1 45mm 2.8 pancake that goes for 800 bucks secondhand... and that smc 50 1.4 is so compact! =)

The Nikon 45mm f/2.8 pancake costs that much because of the limited number made and the collectible value. It beats the DA40mm optically imo.

BTW,
What filter is good for FA50 f1.4?
Should I get it from Mass Sales or get it together from the shop?
I will be getting this lens this Friday either from SLR or AP.

If i'm planning to switch now, will get the D700 too.

make up your mind... I dumped my FA50 f/1.4 for this lens, never regret.

u buying this ?? what happen to ur "thinking about D700 + sigma 50 f1.4" :bsmilie:

My new place is going to take a chunk off my savings..:cry: ... that has to come first. And Lawrence, I will contact you when I am back.

After that, will make some decisions. :devil: ...

My new place is going to take a chunk off my savings..:cry: ... that has to come first. And Lawrence, I will contact you when I am back.

After that, will make some decisions. :devil: ...

Still you are better then me.:bsmilie: Where is your new place?