Bokeh Monster II

Another one from the J3

My fav Russian lens this is one of the lens I will be keeping for a long time :)

here's my J3 (Chrome ver) rendering paired with Leica M9
16881129041_00f5639a0d_b.jpg

16674799077_eaaf81d5e2_b.jpg

Last edited:
My fav Russian lens this is one of the lens I will be keeping for a long time :)

A love hate relationship for me. (perhaps hate is too strong a word, since I don't seem to dislike any lens :D )
I find that I get the best qualities out of it from f2.
The Zeiss rendering style, the better contrast and better bokeh comes out at f2 imo.
Almost like they strained it to the limits pushing the Sonnar formula for f1.5.
I feel the same way about the Nikkor 50/1.4 (S-mount); Again a Sonnar re-calculated (by a team of women w/ abacus so the legend says.... )

No such complaints for the longer FL Sonnars that I have like the 85mm and 105mm. (and from internet samples, the 'Olympic' Sonnar 180mm seems nice from wide open too)

Last edited:
"Full frame" fujifilm
X-T1 + Fujinon EBC 50mm f1.4 + Lens Turbo

088c3ed66534bdd120e83638e19e1367.jpg

f1babfcd40450a2ea727c0883431c311.jpg

Well... These are nothing compared with bro pinholecam's shots with legendary lenses hehehe... I really envy you bro pinholecam!!! Got so many nice lenses in your collection!!! I can only hope long long hahaha...

Well... These are nothing compared with bro pinholecam's shots with legendary lenses hehehe... I really envy you bro pinholecam!!! Got so many nice lenses in your collection!!! I can only hope long long hahaha...

The lenses are not really that much actually.
The Russian ltm lenses are in fact the cheapest of ltm lenses out there.

Just keep the photos coming! :)
This has been a great thread, no brand, just love for lenses. ;)

$Tulip-1.PCLee.jpg

Leica S2 with 120mm APO-Macro-Summarit-S Non-CS

This was taken if I am not wrong by one of my Russian Lens Zenitar MC-M2S 50 f2 "I call this ugly duckling lens"

17327564105_f8f913963a_b.jpg

Nice snaps brothers... :)

Nikkor 35-70/2.8 AFD shot Macro mode and f4. D7K body. Nice combo.

105/2.5 Ais and D7K sensor also a very potent combo for bokeh. This snap like little islands of color... :)

Last edited:

20150524-DSC03194 by jenkwang, on Flickr
Pentax Takumar 58/2
The only SLR 50mm lens that is of a Sonnar design.
Any shorter in focal length and the rear lens element will not clear an SLR mirror.

A love hate relationship for me. (perhaps hate is too strong a word, since I don't seem to dislike any lens :D )
I find that I get the best qualities out of it from f2.
The Zeiss rendering style, the better contrast and better bokeh comes out at f2 imo.
Almost like they strained it to the limits pushing the Sonnar formula for f1.5.
I feel the same way about the Nikkor 50/1.4 (S-mount); Again a Sonnar re-calculated (by a team of women w/ abacus so the legend says.... )

No such complaints for the longer FL Sonnars that I have like the 85mm and 105mm. (and from internet samples, the 'Olympic' Sonnar 180mm seems nice from wide open too)

90% of the time I shoot wide open for most of my prime lenses maybe that's why I ended up with multiple same focal length different aperture and different make as each almost renders differently... now trying to consolidate and just keeping those I really like...

They call this Leica Glow... hmmm....
Taken buy Leica Summarit 50mm f1.5 LTM @ wide open
To me this feel is either you don't like or you like there's no middle ground here

17331292233_9508629ddd_b.jpg