Body Worlds at Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went Today.....

Checked out the Comments Counter(near the exit)

Share with you what two jokers wrote as their comment......

Everyday that has a beginning has a end.
By Oracle

I'm Loving it.
By General Manager, McDonalds

Helbreath said:
Went Today.....

Checked out the Comments Counter(near the exit)

Share with you what two jokers wrote as their comment......

Everyday that has a beginning has a end.
By Oracle

I'm Loving it.
By General Manager, McDonalds

That's lame.

So how did u find the exhibition?

Was thinking of going

I went today. Was pretty interesting.

I'm thinking of going, after the wedding.

It's something that I would really enjoy looking at.

I wonder if Azure is interested in going... bwahahaha.

VincentLin said:
I'm thinking of going, after the wedding.

It's something that I would really enjoy looking at.

I wonder if Azure is interested in going... bwahahaha.

wait he fainted ar .... think u better go with him ~~~

AFAIK, Poly, JC students $12.

Dear Clubsnappers,

Ever wondered if it was right to exhibit human bodies committed to science for a profit? I do understand that the creations in Body Worlds are interesting but I so are the ones found in the pathology museum in the National University of Singapore (they dont even charge a cent cos it for education).

I know that Prof. Gunther von Hagens invented the technique of plastination but the bodies were committed to him in the name of science. My opinion is that we should respect the rights of the deceased and not profit from them. His exhibitions have been world wide and I have no doubt that he has profited much from the ticket and book proceedings....

I do not see the exhibits to have educated the public about the wonders of the human body (By the way, I yield to my curiousity and saw the exhibition a few years ago while in Europe. Have been regreting it since...)

Trust me, as a Biology Teacher, I find that the exhibition is only slightly better than a freak show at some roving circuses in Europe.

I thought it would be nice to share my thoughts with everyone about this matter. Thanks for reading... :think:

to each his own. heck, I'll donate my corpse even, but I'm sure I could sell it at some point in the future...

---hahah

Well, i think it's just a way of getting his own funding. And of course his invention was it profit orientated at the beginning, we don't know. Of all the bilogy classes I attended, most of the time the teacher dare not to do so much on animals bisection. I was doing all myself on animals bisection such as chicken, duck, fishes, mice, rats, pigeon, snakes, wildboars... whatever i could catch in the bushes or jungles.

Human body, nah... just a skeleton frame in the lab. So to many of us, this exhibition is an eye-open opportunity.

Actually, if got people really want to take photo, there must be a way.
Use handphone or spy camera, if concern about quality, smuggle in a Rollei 35 or contax G2.

There was a guy there taking pics when we went. He had a media badge. So media are allowed to take pics. How to get one of those badges? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.