dreaming

Oct 22, 2006
do u ask

"what is the surcharge"
'any ERP charge'
'any peak hour charge'
"when the peak hour surcharge finish ah"

:confused:

Nope, because it's all clearly listed on the stickers on the side, and automated in the meter.

Nope, because it's all clearly listed on the stickers on the side, and automated in the meter.

that means u are already inside the cab! i meant before getting into the cab and get burn by the surcharge

do u ask

"what is the surcharge"
'any ERP charge'
'any peak hour charge'

I only take a cab when I am already late or almost late, so I take whatever it costs to bring me there :bsmilie:

I only take a cab when I am already late or almost late, so I take whatever it costs to bring me there :bsmilie:

that's forced circumstances. sometimes, with elderly around, jus wanted to give'em a pleasant journey but get bitten..

the distance to bus stop is another headache... sigh :confused:

that's forced circumstances. sometimes, with elderly around, jus wanted to give'em a pleasant journey but get bitten..

the distance to bus stop is another headache... sigh :confused:
Learn to walk more, if you are alone, but with elderly during surcharge period, this means you love them even more cause you willing to pay more for them!!! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

IMO Singapore Taxi charges are far too rediculos. Knowing that the price are at the high side i dont see the quality of their service is so good, what i mean?? stand at road side at some where near CBD area at timing closing to 12am, you see how many god dam taxi going to stop for you. BASICALLY NONE.........

:bsmilie:

at first i thought the topic was going to ask

"how to get into a cab"

and i had so many funny answers prepared

in the end, another complain thread, yawn

do u ask

"what is the surcharge"
'any ERP charge'
'any peak hour charge'

i ask the driver

"uncle, you got any pretty daughter for me to date?" :bsmilie::bsmilie:

An overseas friend took a cab and when the taxi reached his hotel the driver pressed some button and the meter increased 40% he refused to pay saying the driver was out to con him at the end the bellboy helped to defused the situation saying it was because of the surcharges

IMO Singapore Taxi charges are far too rediculos. Knowing that the price are at the high side i dont see the quality of their service is so good, what i mean?? stand at road side at some where near CBD area at timing closing to 12am, you see how many god dam taxi going to stop for you. BASICALLY NONE.........

do u ask

"what is the surcharge"
'any ERP charge'
'any peak hour charge'

sometimes i ask:

"uncle, you very handsome, can give me discount later?" :bsmilie::bsmilie:

sometimes i ask:

"uncle, you very handsome, can give me discount later?" :bsmilie::bsmilie:

dude, not meant to be a KpKb thread lah.. cos i see many ppl hop in and to be amazed with the surcharge too.. but u have injected some good humour. well done.

Never ask it is clearly stated.
Sometimes, I avoid to take during peak hours. Orelse the fare sweat....

dun ask coz the only time i take cab is when can claim from company for work haha

Never ask it is clearly stated.
Sometimes, I avoid to take during peak hours. Orelse the fare sweat....

with many operators, and the varying peak hours, sometimes just lost track of the surcharge..

BTW, just now, from chinatown to Redhill is a whopping $10.50 by a SMRT Mercedes. I really muddle now. last Sat, it's only S$6.. at the same timing n same day, ie 7pm.. :confused:

do be careful about taking those black mpv taxis (not yellow top types)... flag down fare 5 bucks....

IMO stand at road side at some where near CBD area at timing closing to 12am, you see how many god dam taxi going to stop for you. BASICALLY NONE.........

and that's fault of the taxi drivers?

you need to hail them in order to let your intention to board a taxi, no?
Otherwise taxi will have to stop to anyone standing at road side. :bsmilie:

and that's fault of the taxi drivers?

you need to hail them in order to let your intention to board a taxi, no?
Otherwise taxi will have to stop to anyone standing at road side. :bsmilie:

dude, it's no joke! at 12am, they able to catch the slightest intention of u hailing a cab. some would even stop and open door for u!

but, no need to ask charging rate; cos it's double!

Status
Not open for further replies.