BlueTooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Hi everyone;

just to check, if i were to get a X70 bluetooth earpiece and air it with a Nokia 6600, would it work?

Kindly advice... :dunno:

Bluestrike said:
well..... buy it and then try lor... hehhee... then you will get the answer... :p

buy buy buy!!! hehehe.e....

Heh heh, that's always a good option, but technically, Bluetooth is designed to let any capable device, connect with other similar devices. What this means from a standpoint of the technology, is that there should be no problem connecting the headset with any handphone. That's how you get the proliferation of 3rd party headsets like Jabra and Logitech. But on the other hand, I've heard that there seems to be some connectivity problems with the 6600 (maybe Nokia is trying to control pairing only to Nokia headsets, which is possible, tho not in line with the Bluetooth protocol), so I guess the best option is still to just "buy and try".

Good luck :)

POF

my advice is to get the BluEye Bluetooth.

it works with any gadget that comes with Bluetooth enability.

Which means , this bluetooth can pair up with Ericsson, Motorola, Panasonic, Nokia, etc...

you will have it set it up to connect the devices together. shouldn't bore you with the technical details, but in short, the bluetooth devices will communicate to each other if they bore a certain range of addresses

How Bluetooth Works. This is an interesting read.

Today while i was upgrading the software of my mpx200, i overheard the repairman talking to the customer. The customer was using X70 and motorola bluetooth headset. The repairman was telling the lady that the headset should work with the phone BUT there will not be ringing tone in the headset when the phone rings.

So it seemed if it is across brand pairing some function may be loss. You better check further.

You guys are right. Most Bluetooth device should pair with each other. However from my personal experience it may not work. I have an Ericsson Bluetooth headset and try to pait it with the Nokia 6600. It does pair and the device is discovered by the phone. However I cannot answer a call nor can I make a call or hear teh ringtone. So there you go. Pairing, no problem. Working, not necessarily. Try it out first. Bring your HP to the shop and get them to pair it for you and test it by making a call and also receiving a call. If it works then you can safely buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.