Blue-Throated Bee-Eaters (ya ya, some more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I know there has been lots of posts on these fellows, but I can't resist getting some nice protraits of them... enjoy.

Blue_Throated_Bee_eater_1.jpg

Blue_Throated_Bee_eater_2.jpg

Blue_Throated_Bee_eater_3.jpg

Blue_Throated_Bee_eater_4.jpg

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, may I know the location where you shot this bird.
thank you for reading.

regards,
tsen

t_tsen said:
Hi,

I'm a newbie here, may I know the location where you shot this bird.
thank you for reading.

regards,
tsen

4 out of all your 7 posts were on locations... how about trying out at SBG first? then posting for the learning process.. :)

people here are very willing to share their photography experience and knowledge with you... right guys?

so go out and take something and post it! ;)

just a note, you can have the nicest bird with the nicest background, but without basic photography knowledge? your pics won't be good.. :cool:

pizzoffer said:
Isn't it a good sign there are newbies who are willing to learn?

it's a VERY GOOD sign that there are newbies who are willing to learn... but they don't seem to post ANY pictures at all! how to learn? :bsmilie:

that's why a suggestion was given to start off at SBG first. ;)

everyone's learning... so am i... :)

t-tsen & Pizzoffer,

well we like to share with those who are willing to learn and I would agree with S_WRX that SBG (Singapore Botantic Gardens) is a good place to start... wide variety of birds and oso an encouragement booster too...

Shooting birds elsewhere needs lots of patience etc, they are hard to spot and sometimes you can wait the whole day and get nothing...

Here are some shots I took at SBG, hope these encourage you and hope to see your posts soon... ;)

Storked Billed Kingfisher
stork_billed_kingfisher_1.jpg

Lesser Whislting Duck
Lesser_Whistling_Duck_1.jpg

Magpie Robbin
Magpie_Robbin_1.jpg

I agree that BG or in fact most other parks are great places for bird photography.

One very popular bird to shoot are the sunbirds at the Heliconia walk in BG, i remembered a time when every week, there was a whole bunch of photographers there (including the Trolley Uncle). Now the interest seems to have died down.... but the birds are still there... Unfortunately, it appears that Storky has migrated ... :sweat:

erwinx said:
One very popular bird to shoot are the sunbirds at the Heliconia walk in BG, i remembered a time when every week, there was a whole bunch of photographers there (including the Trolley Uncle). Now the interest seems to have died down.... but the birds are still there... Unfortunately, it appears that Storky has migrated ... :sweat:

hehe.. THE trolley uncle.. everyone who visits SBG should recognise him... very dedicated fella i might add! ;)

eek.. storky was one of my favs.. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.