Bliss

ahboyy

Apr 13, 2010

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, Exposure
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
The joy and bliss of the family, making themselves free on a monday afternoon feeding pigeons. The pigeons are happy as well as they have their stomachs filled.
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Just after the rain, on a very cool monday afternoon, where there is less crowd in orchard as compared to weekends.
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
First time trying out street candid shots, I know much can be improved, but I think I've captured a happy family moment.

Thank you for viewing!

actually i don't get the feeling of bliss..

i think your subject and emotion in this pic just isn't strong enough... even as a normal street pic, the composition and framing is very confusing... i know you are trying to follow the rule of thirds but i don't think it worked here..

if your focus is the family, then focus on the family, if your focus is on the pigeons then focus there.. now i'm just able to see this as a snapshot that you took when you past by orchard like a tourist anyhow snapping away..

the Black&white effect doesn't help much if the subject or the story told isn't effective..

to really capture the happy family moment i think you really need to get closer to see the emotions and expressions on the faces.. (plus the dad doesnt look too happy, like looking away, not interested like that)

changing your perspective may help... don't worry just keep trying...