Blind Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire their courage and determination to live their life to the fullness.

I think its really amazing. Saw a documentary on it recently. On Discovery or National Geographic if i did not recall wrongly.

I feel that photography by the visually disadvantaged really brings out what I typically take for granted. For me personally, i often find myself in situations where i take a photo without much careful thinking of the subject and equally impt, its environment...: "Oh that's a pretty face", "Oh that sure looks cute", "Nice light", "Great angle". Maybe its the nature of the subjects that i take that that doesn't really allow me to stop down and think thoroughly and appreciate what's all around.

But for these photographers, they relate first with the environment: direction and intensity of light using time and feel, sounds for distance and activity, to make a guess on what the subject is doing, and how nice the picture will look...

Maybe we can all have a photo shoot where we go onto the streets blindfolded and experience for ourselves how the visda photographers feel... And for sure change the way we look towards our photography... ;)

Originally posted by StreetShooter
No offence, but if I went blind I'd be so depressed I'd probably stay home and watch TV all day.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.