Blatant theft of photographic works to fake a portfolio - shimmeryphotography

Finally saw some of their original work...

https://www.facebook.com/shimmeryph...0.1435079390./421483298006559/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/shimmeryph...0.1435079390./422202021268020/?type=3&theater

Blur, bad composition, bad lighting, total lacking in basic photographic skills. "Quality" indeed.

i would love to see them put back their original works so at least people know what their "real skills" are.

Haa...this is how young people starts out in the industry nowadays ah? :D

LOL.... One experienced and one still in high school perhaps.....

I really FEAR their next reincarnation of a "leading Singapore Photography company".

They should give up their day jobs with this almost social experiment on social media... which it may be - and go work at McDonalds.... Cause they are lovin it !

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
~ Ansel Adams
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have gone thru each of the single postings they have made here, you can tell their writings is inconstant from the write up found in their website, blog post, social media, AND including this apology statement.

clearly they hire someone to do the write up for them, but please don't get me wrong, it is OK get somebody to write for you, not everyone has a degree in English right? So long the articles write about you or your company is accurate, no misrepresenting, that is acceptable.

but what you see here, NOTING IS REAL, no names no faces, and have no shame too.

Still want to stay in this industry? wow, somebody is trying to bring "Fake it till you make it" to a whole new level.

Last edited:
Dont worry bout it guys. They can only fake it for so long if they charged market rates for substandard work. Word will get around if their work is not as good as their 'portfolio', no matter the manner they reincarnate. In the scenario where they choose to charge super low rates, then it becomes a question of how sustainable their business model is in the long run.

Those who want to pay peanuts for good work will get peanuts in the end anyway..

I have gone thru each of the single postings they have made here, you can tell their writings is inconstant from the write up found in their website, blog post, social media, AND including this apology statement.

clearly they hire someone to do the write up for them, but please don't get me wrong, it is OK get somebody to write for you, not everyone has a degree in English right? So long the articles write about you or your company is accurate, no misrepresenting, that is acceptable.

but what you see here, NOTING IS REAL, no names no faces, and have no shame too.

Still want to stay in this industry? wow, somebody is trying to bring "Fake it till you make it" to a whole new level.

I think that apology letter is written by someone with legal skills or in training perhaps.

I think that apology letter is written by someone with legal skills or in training perhaps.
Yes, it sounds like a template: mechanical, no direct response to what happened, no acknowledgement of facts...

[img=http://s7.postimg.org/repl3gtav/Screen_Shot_2015_06_26_at_1_27_20_pm.jpg]

Screen_Shot_2015_06_26_at_1_27_20_pm.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

We'll just keep this here for future reference. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sjackal
The page has been removed by the alleged photographer.
they have removed it when they being exposed. but many of us had seen the photos.

if you want to know how the photos look like, I can tell you that is like those photos you 拍失手 and you will quick quick delete straight away from the camera to make sure nobody see it.

Just an idea for the wedding photographers here..... Many local brides browse local wedding forums when preparing for their wedding. singaporebrides.com for e.g. Next time this types of stuff happen, go start a thread about fake wedding portfolios and link back to the evidence here. The result could be very fruitful.

We took down all related photographs immediately when we learnt about the incident, and are currently revamping and updating our website.

We have published an apology on our official Facebook Page. We assure everyone that all our photographs posted on our website in the future will be all our work.

Who are you, why not name yourself AND your partners.... we in the business would like to know.

$50321199.jpg

Last edited: