Black Ring Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwt11137

Sep 19, 2005
Woodlands
Had anyone encounter such problem when shooting on Blue sky found some black ring spot on the photo hope someone can tell me what is the cause is it the lense or the CCD sensor

• Please show a picture to illustrate it. (Nice way of telling you)
  • A picture will tell better then thousand words (Old way of saying)
  • NPNT (CS way of telling you off)
Pick one and post a picture here.

catchlights said:
dirt on CCD, time to send for clearning
Wa so fast dirty just bought my Nikon D70s 2 weeks ago only not even run in yet, luckily still under warranty . But is it one of the factory defect or just ccd dirty, some time can see some time cannot see if send to service centre test cannot see then very difficult to ask for service leh.

if u shoot at smaller apertures, u will be able to see.. depending how bad ur case is. i dunno if cleaning from NSC is free or not. u might want to check with them. it's dirt on ur ccd.
doesn't seem like a factory defect to me.

Some more picture to confirm
lwt11137
action=view&current=DSC_0036.jpg

Confirm... Sensor dust spot... $20 for Canon... :bsmilie: The rest, not sure...

how long it take to clean if send to services centre and roughly how much and lastly will it charge if still under warranty. I had try blowing seem like the more i blow the worst is it, se beh jia luk. Is the mirror up function in D70s also open up the shutter as well, if not how to clean the the CCD sensor filter.

hmmm. that's weird. urs are rings.. i've nv see rings before. only blobs of dust. something new for me.
maybe ur sensor blowing bubbles. haha! joking only.. :p

drumma said:
hmmm. that's weird. urs are rings.. i've nv see rings before. only blobs of dust. something new for me.
maybe ur sensor blowing bubbles. haha! joking only.. :p
For the picture u saw ring i am using the sigma tele marco F1:8.0 600mm manual focus lense for the black spot i am using Nikkor AF D lense f= 2.8-22.0 80-200mm, the only thing i can explain in different of the spot apperance may due to the lense. Maybe someone had better encounter may care to share.

lwt11137 said:
For the picture u saw ring i am using the sigma tele marco F1:8.0 600mm manual focus lense for the black spot i am using Nikkor AF D lense f= 2.8-22.0 80-200mm, the only thing i can explain in different of the spot apperance may due to the lense. Maybe someone had better encounter may care to share.
[SIZE=-1]Mirror lens (Catadioptrics lens)? no wonder lar.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.