Black card technique in overdrive? Or really got such a scene?

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
401997_272281702872902_103872512_n.jpg

Who says money can't fall from the sky? I see a alot of it here! Haha.

I don't know...black card on steroids? could be..

Is this from the one where they blew up all the fireworks in one shot by mistake? lol

Looks photoshopped

Even if it was real I'd suppose it took quite a fair bit of exposure from the gazillion fireworks that the smoke covered background could have been really bright from a single shot + black card.

But if there were really so many fireworks nicely segregated in such space, he could have done multiple exposures and merged it.

But I am still skeptical.

It's definitely blended, or at least blackcarded. There's no such scene.

However! One thing I know about Japanese fireworks is that they don't spam like Singapore and instead shoot just up to 3 at the same time or so, space it out in terms of time, and also space it out literally, shooting over a different part of the sky throughout the entire show. I experienced that in Mt Fuji. Some were shot high, some were low. Over 10secs, only 3 fireworks were shot, not like Singapore where they spam and everything goes white due to overexposure or smoke. By spacing it out, smoke doesn't affect the fireworks so much, and allows you to capture individual fireworks nicely. So blending into such a scene is much easier without worries of smoke and overexposure due to spammage.

It's almost like the Japanese choreographers did it for photographers!

Definitely not a real scene. Simple observations like ghosting within the crowds shows that this photo was taken with a long exposure.

Nice Sharing...Thanks