Black and White Film - where to develop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagclieg2

Oct 5, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Wondering where the black and white purists out there develop your black and white prints - i.e. darkroom rentals - rate per hour, location, requirement for membership etc...chemicals etc...

Advice and comments anyone? :embrass:

tagclieg2 said:
Wondering where the black and white purists out there develop your black and white prints - i.e. darkroom rentals - rate per hour, location, requirement for membership etc...chemicals etc...

Advice and comments anyone? :embrass:

Purists will develop at home, and print either at home or some darkroom in their office or private rented ones.

(since you mentioned the word 'purist')

Film can easily done at home. Printing may need to go to a club. Most club charge a fee and may not open during office hours. Not too ex to set up one at home, but it take up some space and may have problems like light leaking or chemicals in the household.

Some people don't understand the meaning of purists. Purists do not send their films (B&W) to the developing labs but do it themselves - be it at home in a self-constructed dark room or in a club lab.

What I'm asking for for those people out there who go to a particular darkroom or club etc. to develop - cost/hour etc...anyone?

:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.