BKK -> SGD on budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

st11x

Jan 12, 2004
Canberra,Australia
Hi,

I need to get a one-way ticket from BKK to SGD. SQ is pretty expensive one way, buying return (and throwing away the other leg) is $200 cheaper.

I started exploring the budget airlines. What are your opinions?

I am not in Singapore much, so haven't been up to date with those airlines. More troublesome in BKK and in SG budget terminal? Heard some stories about Tiger leaving people out in the cold in Manila after the flight was cancelled.

I'm reading the terms and conditions on Tiger and it has clauses like flights may be cancelled anytime (probably exaggerating a little, but you get the drift) etc.

I have been on Virgin and Jetstar in Australia. Jetstar was pretty lousy when you have Virgin as the yardstick.

thanks
Matt

wat abt airasia?

Thanks, never realised AirAsia is flying that route.

Looks like they have the best price at THB 2100 and it is inclusive of the THB 700 airport tax.

Are they free seating? Took it once from KL to Kota Bahru and didn't like the free seating arrangements.

Matt

Looks like they have the best price at THB 2100 and it is inclusive of the THB 700 airport tax.

Are they free seating? Took it once from KL to Kota Bahru and didn't like the free seating arrangements.

Matt
Air Asia is free seating arrangements.

Matt

Thai Aisa flies from BKK to SG. They are free seating setting. Have fun! ;)

how's the situation over there?

go for swissair... one way tix is ard 120 only

The low side of budget airline is tat they only have 1 or 2 flights per day, so if the flight is delayed u need to wait for tomorrow. And yes, if u compare with premium airline then the budget airline service is lousy, but it is cheap. U wont have both good service and good price for air travel.

how's the situation over there?

I'm not there now but in Canberra. I have a one way ticket to Thailand, so need a 1-way back to Singapore.

go for swissair... one way tix is ard 120 only

I thought they had already gone bust! Just went to their website, their cheapest tickets are still over 200, but it's an option.

thanks
Matt

not taken virgin but I quite like the service levels of JetStar. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.