Bishan Park birds

s598719

Oct 27, 2006
NParks spend $millions turning the concrete drain into a wild wetland. Naturally, the new birdie residents are happy.

Little or Great Egret?

aEgret_2618_3.jpg

Tiger Shrike?

aP1080107.jpg

Javan Pond Heron?

aJavan_Pond_Heron_1060899.jpg

And finally, photo of Kingfisher coming in Part II.

Good shot & good pose on #2 & nicew bif s598719! :) :thumbsup:

Good catch.

I went there last week and came home empty handed :(

thank you all for ID ...
I went around 6pm at the Mc donald bridge.

Nice, especially #2 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice series! #2 thumbs up!

Finally managed to capture the kingfisher at Bishan Park which I saw previously. But this White-throated Kingfisher was too far away, hence pic not sharp...cropped. Hope to get a better shot next time.

aP1080425.jpg

a1080444.jpg

Saw a Purple_Heron today.

aPurple_Heron_080701.jpg

There always a bunch of these Scaly-breasted Munia in the tall grasses.

aScaly-breasted_Munia_083.jpg

nice catches! looks like the wildlife is starting to settle into the new habitat :D

Hi TS

Quite a few species of birds there.

What was the focal length you used?

Wow...:bigeyes:something NEW that I've learnt from TS...hmm:think:...time for me to try-try liao at this old-New place for birding, agree on quite a number of diff birdies there based on TS's shots.....great opportunities:thumbsup: man.....!!!

Thanks for sharing, bro!!;)

Wow...:bigeyes:something NEW that I've learnt from TS...hmm:think:...time for me to try-try liao at this old-New place for birding, agree on quite a number of diff birdies there based on TS's shots.....great opportunities:thumbsup: man.....!!!

Thanks for sharing, bro!!;)

You're welcome. If govt spends millions to bring wildlife back, it will get done :).
But this place can be frustrating sometimes if u go there to do just pure photo; I am regular at Mc'Donald there.......just sitting around surfing with notebook or doing some PS, and of course, my gear will be with me if there is flying subjects to shoot.

ya, i hope the authorities plant the right trees and plants to attract birds especially in our housing estates..then we can shoot at home too.
The trees in front of my block are the resting place for parrots at night.

Some more contribution from a recent capture.

Common Flameback.

aCommon_Flameback_1090103.jpg

Is this a juvenile waterhen?

aWhite_Breast_Waterhen_090085.jpg

Hi s598719

Did you go over to the other half of the park?

Hi s598719

Did you go over to the other half of the park?

Yes, I did. Still construction going on. Looks like they need another 6 months.