Birds of Punggol II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
_DSC0091.jpg

_DSC0097.jpg

i find the sharpening slightly over (except the last one of course, haha) , otherwise nice takes, looks like NLPC have our very own bird-photo expert :thumbsup: i spotted a deep blue bird near your place the other day, maybe can take note even when you are downstairs ;)

MountainMan said:
Looks like u are getting hooked eh? :devil:
I am injured and cannot walk too much, so take a drive and shoot from the car.
I noticed that if i get out from the car and try to go closer the birds spot me and fly away.
Somehow there are not frighten of the car.

eikin said:
i find the sharpening slightly over (except the last one of course, haha) , otherwise nice takes, looks like NLPC have our very own bird-photo expert :thumbsup: i spotted a deep blue bird near your place the other day, maybe can take note even when you are downstairs ;)

aiya, must compensate for equipment lah
wait for round III with a bigma, thanks to amigo

ortega said:
I noticed that if i get out from the car and try to go closer the birds spot me and fly away.
Good observation. :thumbsup:

Btw nice pics there. They are (respectively from top to bottom) Brown Shrike, Richard's Pipit, Collared Kingfisher and Richard's Pipit again.

ortega said:

yes... time to get a 4x4 and use it as a car hide. :devil: or get a 600 f4 VR. ;p

love the lighting of your pic #1... but somehow the composition and bright head not very complimentary.

ortega said:
wat color is ur car?

CYRN said:
yes... time to get a 4x4 and use it as a car hide. :devil: or get a 600 f4 VR. ;p

love the lighting of your pic #1... but somehow the composition and bright head not very complimentary.
oooh... birding is an expansive hobby, 4x4 and 600mm f4, :bigeyes:

CYRN said:

Not necessarily 4x4 lar...any vehicle can also....even sedan car or vans...but of course 4x4/SUV helps a lot in traversing rough terrain...while the rest got to stick to tracks. A vehicle is an invaluable asset for birding in sg. You can get fairly close to the birds and not necessary to have a 600mm also. A 300mm w/ converters would suffice.

ortega said:
oooh... birding is an expansive hobby, 4x4 and 600mm f4, :bigeyes:

or juz get a 400mm and 1.4x TC loh.

Your 4x4 can be substituted wif lepoard crawl. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.