Bird Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidchan

Aug 25, 2006
East Coast, Singapore
Hi, I'm newbie to DSLR looking for something with some reach n work reasonably under low lighting (dusk, deep shade, dawn) without breaking the bank. Looking at 350D, or Olympus E500 or E330 type budget plus perhaps 3rd party longer lens of 300mm. Is this doable in terms of capability, etc? Is it worthwhile to grit teeth and go for D80 or D200 then add on from there? Right now using Panasonic Lumix FZ10. Do pl advise

the thing is tat..all of the dslrs u mentioned, although are entry level, they still can give u superb image quality..there's actually no much difference between them.

the only thing is, if u want to do low light shot i.e. u got to use high iso, only canon dslr and D80 and D50 is left for u at ur budget..

whereas for ur lens at 300mm, the sigma 70-300mm apo dg macro is the best choice. best image quality for money compared to the original manufacturer..

or another solution, guaranteed image quality: i am not absolutely sure abt ur buget, but based on ur ability to get a D200, maybe u get a D50 + nikon 80-400vr better...roughly $3.6k since u want bird photography, the 400mm + vr is very useful..do consider it.

davidchan said:
Hi, I'm newbie to DSLR looking for something with some reach n work reasonably under low lighting (dusk, deep shade, dawn) without breaking the bank. Looking at 350D, or Olympus E500 or E330 type budget plus perhaps 3rd party longer lens of 300mm. Is this doable in terms of capability, etc? Is it worthwhile to grit teeth and go for D80 or D200 then add on from there? Right now using Panasonic Lumix FZ10. Do pl advise

i not sure whats your budget is...

but since u mentioned D200 inside...further more you mentioned low light...might want to consider a 300 f2.8 or 400 f2.8...

might want to consider a d50 + sigma 100-300 f4. :thumbsup:
coupled with a sigma 1.4x tc and you get 420mm f5.6

Sounds good-- what do i look like having to pay and where to best see it in Singapore?

tks

davidchan

Status
Not open for further replies.