Beware of this seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelXsii

Jul 28, 2009
First i apologise if i'm posting it on the wrong section of this forum.

I just have no idea where to post and since it's canon related...

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/members/158-coolbytes
Contact Number: ********

Yester we meet up directly after my work to deal his 5D that was with him for 2 years he said. A teacher he claim himself to be. I'm sorry but no offence to all other teachers out there. It's just him.

5744879850_aaf37a843d_b.jpg

He claim it as very good condition.

But when i got home.
Here's the result.
photostream

Every single photo shooting a F8 and above can spot the crack and yet when i message him he said he does not have this problem.
I tried with all my other lens and this problem still exist.
I request to refund for him to send for service so that we can re-deal it but he insist of a no and pushed away his responsibility by saying he does not have this problem.
I've requested to send this 5D down for servicing myself but i'm posting this here just to urge all fellow cs-er to beware of him as i believe he still have his 35mm f2 for sale and perhaps some other products.
I do not wish to see anyone else encountering the same problem as me. Thank you

Hope i didn't waste 5-10min of your time.
Have a great day ahead.

Last edited:
Looks like fungus

question is.. why you go home then u check. :dunno:

Last edited:
I just got off from work and he was rushing for the deal as he said he is leaving house and will be able to meet me anywhere i'm convenient with, i just thought it would be nice to save the trouble. I had no lens with me.
I'm pretty sure it's no fungus as i tried on my 50mm f1.8, 17-50 f2.8 and 85 f1.8 and the marks are on the same place.
Haha.. suck thumb but i just hope i'll be last

I just got off from work and he was rushing for the deal as he said he is leaving house and will be able to meet me anywhere i'm convenient with, i just thought it would be nice to save the trouble. I had no lens with me.
I'm pretty sure it's no fungus as i tried on my 50mm f1.8, 17-50 f2.8 and 85 f1.8 and the marks are on the same place.

fungus in the 5d la.

alot of dust too.

Frankly speaking, I think it is partially your fault as well as you should have checked the goods before paying.....

I know you will do this and mod please remove this as I think it's unethical to put others handphone.

As much as there r bad sellers, there r bad buyers. As mentioned to him, he checked on the spot and even agreed to buy after reducing my price. As far as I know, the condition was ok before sale. Anything goes now and there was no agreement if refund. Neither did I force the sale.

To think it is always best to post bad sellers, there have to be reasonable argument of bad buyers.

I do not want to pursue this but I can definitely bring this up cause by putting my handphone number and deframing my name is greatly uncalled for.

I have done many sales in CS and hVe good reputation.

Mod, please do the necessary.
M disappointed with such act of childishness.

By the way, there was no mention of sending for servicing in our conversation.

Up to viewers to believe. I guess it's always easier to put someone down after an unhappy sale.

I close my case here.

Or should I post a 'Beware of Buyer' too?
I rest my case.

Mod, please remove thread containing my handphone number.

Totally uncalled for and unethical. I can take action. Thanks

I do not deny the fact that i'm partially at fault for not bringing my own lens for check. But as a seller he did not provide my a lens to test.
I'm just posting this up as a warning for other buyers.
It's up to how the viewers decide on this.
Actually how true can you not notice this body has fungus before you sell it away when it's slightly visible at F6 and very visible at F8 onwards?

Bro... sorry, but I tot the 17-50 f2.8 lens is only for crop camera and not FF? Plus, I am quite confused with the ad, since this seller was saying that he could bundle the 35mm f2, that means he would have brought that lens with him to the sales, unless you have specifically told him not to. If he brought that 35mm lens, you could have use that lens to test.

Plus it was a $2000 camera, wouldn't it be better to test it out first, no matter how much trust you would have for anyone... even your very best friends. Well... live and learn.

I know you will do this and mod please remove this as I think it's unethical to put others handphone.

As much as there r bad sellers, there r bad buyers. As mentioned to him, he checked on the spot and even agreed to buy after reducing my price. As far as I know, the condition was ok before sale. Anything goes now and there was no agreement if refund. Neither did I force the sale.

To think it is always best to post bad sellers, there have to be reasonable argument of bad buyers.

I do not want to pursue this but I can definitely bring this up cause by putting my handphone number and deframing my name is greatly uncalled for.

I have done many sales in CS and hVe good reputation.

Mod, please do the necessary.
M disappointed with such act of childishness.

I think as long as you refund to him / her.he / she will be satisfy.
since we know that fungus cannot grow within 1 week,
duration start from the camera sold to the him / her.

to be frank,I will advise my friend not to buy from you if you didn't refund.
the fact of fungus growing speed makes me say so.sorry for this.

actually 2000 is not really a gd price, alot of 5Ds going for 1.4k there abouts.

Camera with this kind of defects should never be sold to others without servicing.
Unless its just planned for paperweight usage.

$2000 for a soiled reputation, is it worth it?

Of course, for not checking in depth, the buyer is no doubt at fault too.
Especially you know its a second hand camera that you are purchasing.

Last edited:
the buyer should have checked before the purchase
the sensor is very dirty with fungus
unethical seller as well
both are at fault

if the seller is ethical,he should do a refund
the camera is no where near good condition not to mention very good condition as stated in his BNS
very high chance the shutter needs replacement soon

Last edited:
am going to rest my case completely after this.

for a start, i did not sell it to him at 2k. Please know that facts before adding on fuel to what is going on here.

second, there are so many things written by the seller that did not happen or communicated especially the undermentioned
"I request to refund for him to send for service so that we can re-deal it but he insist of a no and pushed away his responsibility by saying he does not have this problem.
I've requested to send this 5D down for servicing myself but i'm posting this here just to urge all fellow cs-er to beware of him as i believe he still have his 35mm f2 for sale and perhaps some other products."
If he had indeed mentioned that he will send down for servicing , I would most gladly had agreed and paid for the servicing fee ... but no, this did not happened and was not even suggested.

And because of this thread, I am definitely holding to my stand. He checked on the spot, asked to bring down the price, agreed and there was no refund agreed upon.

By adding that had definitely worked well as it has made me the bad guy now. I do not mind losing my 'credibility' here as with such buyers around, sellers are going get whack no matter what with people believing in them.

I live in peace but i am not so sure about the seller which had placed and written so many untrue facts just to make sure he gets his point across.

All these said.

MOD, please let me know if it is really ok for people to put other's handphone number in the thread. Thank you.

Last edited:
Please . I did not sell him for 2000! Please read.

Doesn't matter how much you sell it to him for. We all know that fungus does not grow so fast. So the problem definitely originated from your side. If you choose not do anything about this situation, I will advice all my friends not to make deals with you too. It also means that your other gears might be infected with fungus as well.

Last edited:
I think the seller needs to bear his responsibility for claiming good condition.
And the buyer needs to check on spot with own lens for used body. If not, deal on other day/time.

thoughts from 3rd party... settle this outside the forum as it doesn't do good to anyone here.

unethical since is claim to be very good condition. sad to hear this. this is always one of the point to purchase 2nd hand equipment without warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.